Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Automatic door locks
● All doors lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches 15 MPH (24 km/h).
● All doors unlock automatically when the ignition is placed in the OFF position.
The automatic unlock function can be deactivated or activated. To deactivate or activate the automatic door unlock system, perform the following procedure: 1. Close all doors.
2. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
3. Within 20 seconds of performing Step 2,
push and hold the power door lock switch to
the position (UNLOCK) for more
than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard indicator will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard indicator will flash once.
5. The ignition switch must be placed in the OFF and ON position again between each setting change.
When the automatic door unlock system is deactivated, the doors do not unlock when the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position. To unlock the door manually, use the inside lock knob or the power door lock switch (driver’s or front passenger’s side).
The automatic door unlock function can be changed using the Vehicle Settings in the vehicle information display. The “Auto Door Unlock” choices are:
● IGN OFF
● Shift into P
When traveling or registering your vehicle in another country
When planning to drive your NISSAN vehicle in another country, you should first find out if the fuel available is suitable for your vehicle’s engine. Using fuel with an octane rating that is too low may cause engine damage. All gasoline vehicles must be operated with unleaded gasoline. There ...
P2101 electric throttle control
Description Electric throttle control actuator consists of throttle control motor, throttle position sensor, etc. The throttle control motor is operated by the ECM and it opens and closes the throttle valve. The current opening angle of the throttle valve is detected by the throttle po ...
P0335 CKP sensor (POS)
Description The crankshaft position sensor (POS) is located on the oil pan facing the gear teeth (cogs) of the signal plate. It detects the fluctuation of the engine revolution. The sensor consists of a permanent magnet and Hall IC. When the engine is running, the high and low parts of the ...