Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Booster seats
Precautions on booster seats
If a booster seat and seat belt are not used
properly, the risk of a child being injured in
a sudden stop or collision greatly
– Make sure the shoulder portion of the belt is away from the child’s face and neck and the lap portion of the belt does not cross the stomach.
– Make sure the shoulder belt is not behind the child or under the child’s arm.
– A booster seat must only be installed in a seating position that has a lap/shoulder belt.
Booster seats of various sizes are offered by several manufacturers. When selecting any booster seat, keep the following points in mind: ● Choose only a booster seat with a label certifying that it complies with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 213 or Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 213.
● Check the booster seat in your vehicle to be sure it is compatible with the vehicle’s seat and seat belt system.
● Make sure the child’s head will be properly supported by the booster seat or vehicle seat. The seatback must be at or above the center of the child’s ears. For example, if a low back booster seat 1 is chosen, the vehicle seatback must be at or above the center of the child’s ears. If the seatback is lower than the center of the child’s ears, a high back booster seat 2 should be used.
● If the booster seat is compatible with your vehicle, place the child in the booster seat and check the various adjustments to be sure the booster seat is compatible with the child. Always follow all recommended procedures.
All U.S. states and Canadian provinces or territories require that infants and small children be restrained in an approved child restraint at all times while the vehicle is being operated.
The instructions in this section apply to booster seat installation in the rear seats or the front passenger seat.
Booster seat installation
Do not use the lap/shoulder belt in the Automatic Locking Retractor mode when using a booster seat with the seat belts.
Refer to all Warnings and Cautions in the “Child Safety”, “Child Restraint” and “Booster Seats” sections before installing a child restraint.
Follow these steps to install a booster seat in the rear seat or in the front passenger seat:
1. If you must install a booster seat in the front seat, move the seat to the rearmost position.
2. Position the booster seat on the seat. Only place it in a front-facing direction. Always follow the booster seat manufacturer’s instructions.
Front passenger position
3. The booster seat should be positioned on the vehicle seat so that it is stable.
If necessary, adjust or remove the head restraint/headrest to obtain the correct booster seat fit. If the head restraint/headrest is removed, store it in a secure place. Be sure to reinstall the head restraint/headrest when the booster seat is removed. See “Head restraints/headrests” in this section for head restraint/headrest adjustment, removal and installation information.
If the seating position does not have an adjustable head restraint/headrest and it is interfering with the proper booster seat fit, try another seating position or a different booster seat.
4. Position the lap portion of the seat belt low and snug on the child’s hips. Be sure to follow the booster seat manufacturer’s instructions for adjusting the seat belt routing.
5. Pull the shoulder belt portion of the seat belt toward the retractor to take up extra slack.
Be sure the shoulder belt is positioned across the top, middle portion of the child’s shoulder. Be sure to follow the booster seat manufacturer’s instructions for adjusting the seat belt routing.
6. Follow the warnings, cautions and instructions for properly fastening a seat belt shown in “Three-point type seat belt with retractor” earlier in this section.
7. If the booster seat is installed in the front
passenger seat, place the ignition switch in
the ON position. The front passenger air bag
status light may or may not
illuminate, depending on the size of the child and the type of booster seat being used. See “Front passenger air bag and status light” later in this section.
Bulb Replacement Removal 1. Remove rear combination lamp. Refer to EXL-257, "Removal and Installation". 2. Turn bulb socket counterclockwise to unlock and remove from combination lamp assembly. 3. Turn bulb counterclockwise to remove from bulb socket. Installation Installati ...
P0011 IVT Control
DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC NOTE: If DTC P0011 is displayed with DTC P0075, first perform the trouble diagnosis for EC-867, "DTC Logic". DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE 1.PRECONDITIONING If DTC Confirmation Procedure has been previously conducted, always turn ignition switch OFF ...
Vehicle security indicator
Description â€¢ Vehicle security indicator is built in combination meter. â€¢ NVIS (Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System-NATS) and vehicle security system conditions are indicated by blink or illumination of vehicle security indicator. Component Function Check 1.CHECK FUNCTION 1. Perform â€œ ...