Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Checking engine oil level
1. Park the vehicle on a level surface and apply the parking brake.
2. Start the engine and let it idle until it reaches operating temperature.
3. Turn off the engine. Wait more than 10 minutes for the oil to drain back into the oil pan.
4. Remove the dipstick and wipe it clean. Reinsert it all the way.
5. Remove the dipstick again and check the oil level. It should be between the H (High) and L (Low) marks B . This is the normal operating oil level range. If the oil level is below the L (Low) mark A , remove the oil filler cap and pour recommended oil through the opening. Do not overfill C .
6. Recheck oil level with the dipstick.
It is normal to add some oil between oil maintenance intervals or during the break-in period, depending on the severity of operating conditions.
● Oil level should be checked regularly.
Operating the engine with an insufficient amount of oil can damage the engine, and such damage is not covered by warranty.
● It is normal to add some oil between oil maintenance intervals or during the break-in period, depending on the severity of operating conditions.
P1801 Vias control solenoid valve 2
Description The VIAS control solenoid valve 2 cuts the intake manifold vacuum signal for power valve 2 control. It responds to ON/OFF signals from the ECM. When the solenoid is OFF, the vacuum signal from the intake manifold is cut. When the ECM sends an ON signal the coil pulls the plunger ...
P0102, P0103 maf sensor
Description The mass air flow sensor (1) is placed in the stream of intake air. It measures the intake flow rate by measuring a part of the entire intake flow. The mass air flow sensor controls the temperature of the hot wire to a certain amount. The heat generated by the hot wire is reduced a ...
Front wiper motor lo circuit
Component Function Check 1. CHECK FRONT WIPER LO OPERATION 1. Start IPDM E/R auto active test. Refer to PCS-14, "Diagnosis Description". 2. Check that the front wiper operates at the LO operation. 1. Select "FRONT WIPER" of IPDM E/R active test item. 2. While operat ...