Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Checking engine oil level
1. Park the vehicle on a level surface and apply the parking brake.
2. Start the engine and let it idle until it reaches operating temperature.
3. Turn off the engine. Wait more than 10 minutes for the oil to drain back into the oil pan.
4. Remove the dipstick and wipe it clean. Reinsert it all the way.
5. Remove the dipstick again and check the oil level. It should be between the H (High) and L (Low) marks B . This is the normal operating oil level range. If the oil level is below the L (Low) mark A , remove the oil filler cap and pour recommended oil through the opening. Do not overfill C .
6. Recheck oil level with the dipstick.
It is normal to add some oil between oil maintenance intervals or during the break-in period, depending on the severity of operating conditions.
● Oil level should be checked regularly.
Operating the engine with an insufficient amount of oil can damage the engine, and such damage is not covered by warranty.
● It is normal to add some oil between oil maintenance intervals or during the break-in period, depending on the severity of operating conditions.
Daytime running light system
System Diagram System Description The headlamp system for Canada vehicles is equipped with a daytime light control unit that activates the high beam headlamps at approximately half illumination whenever the engine is running. If the parking brake is applied before the engine is started the ...
Front wiper motor ground circuit
Diagnosis Procedure 1.CHECK FRONT WIPER MOTOR (GND) OPEN CIRCUIT 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect front wiper motor. 3. Check continuity between front wiper motor harness connector and ground. Does continuity exist? YES >> Front wiper motor ground circuit is norma ...
Power window main switch
Reference Value TERMINAL LAYOUT PHYSICAL VALUES MAIN POWER WINDOW AND DOOR LOCK/UNLOCK SWITCH Wiring Diagram Fail Safe FAIL-SAFE CONTROL Switches to fail-safe control when malfunction is detected in encoder signal that detects up/down speed and direction of door glass ...