Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Driving on snow or ice
● Wet ice (32°F, 0°C and freezing rain), very cold snow or ice can be slick and very hard to drive on. The vehicle will have much less traction or “grip” under these conditions. Try to avoid driving on wet ice until the road is salted or sanded.
● Whatever the condition, drive with caution.
Accelerate and slow down with care. If accelerating or downshifting too fast, the drive wheels will lose even more traction.
● Allow more stopping distance under these conditions. Braking should be started sooner than on dry pavement.
● Allow greater following distances on slippery roads.
● Watch for slippery spots (glare ice).
These may appear on an otherwise clear road in shaded areas. If a patch of ice is seen ahead, brake before reaching it. Try not to brake while on the ice, and avoid any sudden steering maneuvers.
● Do not use the cruise control on slippery roads.
● Snow can trap dangerous exhaust gases under your vehicle. Keep snow clear of the exhaust pipe and from around your vehicle.
Door speaker (coupe)
Description The audio unit sends audio signals to the BOSE speaker amp. The BOSE speaker amp. amplifies the audio signals before sending them to the door speakers using the audio signal circuits. Diagnosis Procedure 1.HARNESS CHECK 1. Disconnect BOSE speaker amp. connector B121 and suspec ...
BSW system operation
The BSW system operates above approximately 20 MPH (32 km/h). When the camera unit detects vehicles in the detection zone, the Blind spot indicator light located inside the outside mirrors will illuminate. If the turn signal is then activated, the system chimes (twice) and the Blind spot i ...
Tire pressure receiver
Removal and Installation REMOVAL 1. Remove instrument lower cover (LH). Refer to IP-11, "Exploded View". 2. Locate tire pressure receiver (1) to the right of the steering column (2) and disconnect tire pressure receiver electrical connector. 3. Remove tire pressure receiver (1) fr ...