Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Driving on snow or ice
● Wet ice (32°F, 0°C and freezing rain), very cold snow or ice can be slick and very hard to drive on. The vehicle will have much less traction or “grip” under these conditions. Try to avoid driving on wet ice until the road is salted or sanded.
● Whatever the condition, drive with caution.
Accelerate and slow down with care. If accelerating or downshifting too fast, the drive wheels will lose even more traction.
● Allow more stopping distance under these conditions. Braking should be started sooner than on dry pavement.
● Allow greater following distances on slippery roads.
● Watch for slippery spots (glare ice).
These may appear on an otherwise clear road in shaded areas. If a patch of ice is seen ahead, brake before reaching it. Try not to brake while on the ice, and avoid any sudden steering maneuvers.
● Do not use the cruise control on slippery roads.
● Snow can trap dangerous exhaust gases under your vehicle. Keep snow clear of the exhaust pipe and from around your vehicle.
POWER WINDOW MAIN SWITCH Removal and Installation REMOVAL 1. Remove the power window main switch finisher (2). Refer to INT-34, "Removal and Installation". 2. Power window main switch (1) is removed from power window main switch finisher (2) using a suitable tool (A). CAUTION: ...
B210a steering lock condition switch
Description There are 2 switches in the electronic steering column lock. IPDM E/R compares those 2 switches conditions to judge the present steering status and transmit the result to BCM via CAN communication. DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC NOTE: â€¢ If DTC B210A is displayed with DTC U10 ...
CVT fluid cooler system
Cleaning Whenever an automatic transaxle is repaired, overhauled, or replaced, the CVT fluid cooler mounted in the radiator must be inspected and cleaned. Metal debris and friction material, if present, can be trapped or become deposit in the CVT fluid cooler. This debris can contaminate t ...