Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Driving on snow or ice
● Wet ice (32°F, 0°C and freezing rain), very cold snow or ice can be slick and very hard to drive on. The vehicle will have much less traction or “grip” under these conditions. Try to avoid driving on wet ice until the road is salted or sanded.
● Whatever the condition, drive with caution.
Accelerate and slow down with care. If accelerating or downshifting too fast, the drive wheels will lose even more traction.
● Allow more stopping distance under these conditions. Braking should be started sooner than on dry pavement.
● Allow greater following distances on slippery roads.
● Watch for slippery spots (glare ice).
These may appear on an otherwise clear road in shaded areas. If a patch of ice is seen ahead, brake before reaching it. Try not to brake while on the ice, and avoid any sudden steering maneuvers.
● Do not use the cruise control on slippery roads.
● Snow can trap dangerous exhaust gases under your vehicle. Keep snow clear of the exhaust pipe and from around your vehicle.
EXHAUST SYSTEM (QR25DE) Exploded View 1. RH rear muffler bracket 2. Gasket 3. Front exhaust tube 4. Ring gasket 5. Front exhaust tube hanger 6. Center exhaust tube 7. Mounting rubber 8. Center exhaust tube hanger 9. Gasket 10. Mounting rubber 11. Rear muffler 12. LH muffler tip 13. ...
Diagnosis Procedure 1. CHECK FUSE AND FUSIBLE LINK Check if the following BCM fuse or fusible link are blown. Is the fuse or fusible link blown? YES >> Replace the blown fuse or fusible link after repairing the affected circuit. NO >> GO TO 2 2. CHECK POWER SUPPLY CIRCUIT 1 ...
EPS SYSTEM System Diagram CONTROL DIAGRAM System Description â€¢ The EPS system controls the power steering solenoid valve through the power steering control unit. â€¢ The valve driving voltage to control the power steering solenoid valve varies according to the vehicle speed. OPERATI ...