Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Engine block heater (if so equipped)
Engine block heaters are used to assist with cold temperature starting.
The engine block heater should be used when the outside temperature is 20°F (-7°C) or lower.
● Do not use your engine block heater with an ungrounded electrical system or a 2-pronged adapter. You can be seriously injured by an electrical shock if you use an ungrounded connection.
● Disconnect and properly store the engine block heater cord before starting the engine. Damage to the cord could result in an electrical shock and can cause serious injury.
● Use a heavy-duty 3-wire, 3-pronged extension cord rated for at least 10 A. Plug the extension cord into a Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI) protected, grounded 110-VAC outlet. Failure to use the proper extension cord or a grounded outlet can result in a fire or electrical shock and cause serious personal injury.
To use the engine block heater:
1. Turn the engine off.
2. Open the hood and unwrap the engine block heater cord.
3. Plug the engine block heater cord into a grounded 3-wire, 3-pronged extension cord.
4. Plug the extension cord into a Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI) protected, grounded 110- volt AC (VAC) outlet.
5. The engine block heater must be plugged in for at least 2 - 4 hours, depending on outside temperatures, to properly warm the engine coolant. Use an appropriate timer to turn the engine block heater on.
6. Before starting the engine, unplug and properly store the cord to keep it away from moving parts.
P0112, p0113 iat sensor
Description The intake air temperature sensor is built-into mass air flow sensor (1). The sensor detects intake air temperature and transmits a signal to the ECM. The temperature sensing unit uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. Electrical resistance of the therm ...
P0461 fuel level sensor
Description The fuel level sensor is mounted in the fuel level sensor unit. The sensor detects a fuel level in the fuel tank and transmits a signal to the combination meter. The combination meter sends the fuel level sensor signal to the ECM through CAN communication line. It consists of ...
P0444, P0445 Evap canister purge volume control solenoid valve
Description The EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve is used to control the flow rate of fuel vapor from the EVAP canister. The EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve is moved by ON/OFF pulses from the ECM. The longer the ON pulse, the greater the amount of fuel vapor th ...