Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Engine block heater (if so equipped)
Engine block heaters are used to assist with cold temperature starting.
The engine block heater should be used when the outside temperature is 20°F (-7°C) or lower.
● Do not use your engine block heater with an ungrounded electrical system or a 2-pronged adapter. You can be seriously injured by an electrical shock if you use an ungrounded connection.
● Disconnect and properly store the engine block heater cord before starting the engine. Damage to the cord could result in an electrical shock and can cause serious injury.
● Use a heavy-duty 3-wire, 3-pronged extension cord rated for at least 10 A. Plug the extension cord into a Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI) protected, grounded 110-VAC outlet. Failure to use the proper extension cord or a grounded outlet can result in a fire or electrical shock and cause serious personal injury.
To use the engine block heater:
1. Turn the engine off.
2. Open the hood and unwrap the engine block heater cord.
3. Plug the engine block heater cord into a grounded 3-wire, 3-pronged extension cord.
4. Plug the extension cord into a Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI) protected, grounded 110- volt AC (VAC) outlet.
5. The engine block heater must be plugged in for at least 2 - 4 hours, depending on outside temperatures, to properly warm the engine coolant. Use an appropriate timer to turn the engine block heater on.
6. Before starting the engine, unplug and properly store the cord to keep it away from moving parts.
CAN COMMUNICATION SYSTEM CAN System Specification Chart Determine CAN system type from the following specification chart. NOTE: Refer to LAN-16, "Trouble Diagnosis Procedure" for how to use CAN system specification chart. Г—: Applicable VEHICLE EQUIPMENT IDENTIFICATION INFORM ...
Folding rear seat
Interior trunk access The trunk can be accessed from the driver side (if so equipped) and passenger side of the rear seat for loading and unloading, as shown. 1. Move the front passenger seat to the most forward position. 2. Open the access cover on the rear parcel shelf. 3. Push down on the ...
Description ECM receives two vehicle speed signals via the CAN communication line. One is sent from вЂњABS actuator and electric unit (control unit)вЂќ via the combination meter, and the other is from TCM (Transmission control module). ECM uses these signals for engine control. DTC Logic ...