Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Engine block heater (if so equipped)
Engine block heaters are used to assist with cold temperature starting.
The engine block heater should be used when the outside temperature is 20°F (-7°C) or lower.
● Do not use your engine block heater with an ungrounded electrical system or a 2-pronged adapter. You can be seriously injured by an electrical shock if you use an ungrounded connection.
● Disconnect and properly store the engine block heater cord before starting the engine. Damage to the cord could result in an electrical shock and can cause serious injury.
● Use a heavy-duty 3-wire, 3-pronged extension cord rated for at least 10 A. Plug the extension cord into a Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI) protected, grounded 110-VAC outlet. Failure to use the proper extension cord or a grounded outlet can result in a fire or electrical shock and cause serious personal injury.
To use the engine block heater:
1. Turn the engine off.
2. Open the hood and unwrap the engine block heater cord.
3. Plug the engine block heater cord into a grounded 3-wire, 3-pronged extension cord.
4. Plug the extension cord into a Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI) protected, grounded 110- volt AC (VAC) outlet.
5. The engine block heater must be plugged in for at least 2 - 4 hours, depending on outside temperatures, to properly warm the engine coolant. Use an appropriate timer to turn the engine block heater on.
6. Before starting the engine, unplug and properly store the cord to keep it away from moving parts.
WARNING Do not allow children to play with the seat belts. Most seating positions are equipped with Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR) mode seat belts. If the seat belt becomes wrapped around a child’s neck with the ALR mode activated, the child can be seriously injured or killed if the seat ...
C1712 - C1715, C1720 - C1723, C1724 -C1727 Transmitter malfunction
Description One or more transmitters are malfunctioning internally. DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE 1.DRIVE VEHICLE 1. Drive at a speed of 40 km/h (25 MPH) or more for 3 minutes, and then drive the vehicle at any speed for 10 minutes. 2. Check all tire pressu ...
Heated seats (if so equipped)
The front seats are warmed by built-in heaters. 1. Start the engine. 2. Push the LO or HI position of the switch, as desired. The indicator light in the switch will illuminate. The heater is controlled by a thermostat, automatically turning the heater on and off. The indicator light w ...