Nissan Altima Owners Manual: NISSAN Intelligent Key® operation
You can lock or unlock the doors without taking the key out of your pocket or bag.
When you carry the Intelligent Key with you, you can lock or unlock all doors by pushing the door handle request switch within the range of operation.
1. Move the shift lever to the P (Park) position, place the ignition switch in the LOCK position and make sure you carry the Intelligent Key with you.
2. Close all doors.
3. Push any door handle request switch 1 while carrying the Intelligent Key with you.
4. All doors and the trunk will lock.
5. The hazard warning lights flash twice and the outside buzzer sounds twice.
● Request switches for all doors and trunk can be deactivated when the I-Key Door Lock setting is switched to OFF in the Vehicle Settings of the vehicle information display.
See “Vehicle information display” in the “Instruments and controls” section.
● Doors lock with the door handle request switch while the ignition switch is not in the LOCK position.
● Doors do not lock by pushing the door handle request switch while any door is open. However, doors lock with the mechanical key even if any door is open.
● Doors do not lock with the door handle request switch with the Intelligent Key inside the vehicle and a beep sounds to warn you.
However, when an Intelligent Key is inside the vehicle, doors can be locked with another Intelligent Key.
● After locking the doors using the request switch, make sure that the doors have been securely locked by operating the door handle or the trunk opener switch.
● When locking the doors using the request switch, make sure to have the Intelligent Key in your possession before operating the request switch to prevent the Intelligent Key from being left in the vehicle.
● The request switch is operational only when the Intelligent Key has been detected by the Intelligent Key system.
To prevent the Intelligent Key from being accidentally locked in the vehicle, lockout protection is equipped with the Intelligent Key.
When the driver’s side door is open, the doors are locked, and then the Intelligent Key is put inside the vehicle and all the doors are closed; the lock will automatically unlock and the door buzzer sounds.
The doors may not lock when the Intelligent Key is in the same hand that is operating the request switch to lock the door.
Put the Intelligent Key in a purse, pocket or your other hand.
The lockout protection may not function under the following conditions: ● When the Intelligent Key is placed on top of the instrument panel.
● When the Intelligent Key is placed on top of the rear parcel shelf.
● When the Intelligent Key is placed inside the glove box or a storage bin.
● When the Intelligent Key is placed inside the door pockets.
● When the Intelligent Key is placed on or under the spare tire area.
● When the Intelligent Key is placed inside or near metallic materials.
1. Carry the Intelligent Key.
2. Push the door handle request switch 1 .
3. The hazard warning lights flash once and the outside buzzer sounds once.
4. Push the door handle request switch 1 again within 5 seconds to unlock all doors and trunk.
If a door handle is pulled while unlocking the doors, that door may not be unlocked. Returning the door handle to its original position will unlock the door. If the door does not unlock after returning the door handle, push the door handle request switch to unlock the door.
All doors will be locked automatically unless one of the following operations is performed within 1 minute after pushing the request switch: ● Opening any door.
● Pushing the ignition switch.
The interior light timer illuminates for a period of time when a door is unlocked and the room light switch is in the DOOR position.
The interior light can be turned off without waiting by performing one of the following operations: ● Placing the ignition switch in the ON position.
● Locking the doors with the remote controller.
● Switching the room light switch to the OFF position.
Opening the trunk lid
To open the trunk lid, unlock all doors and perform
1. Push the trunk opener request switch A for more than 1 second while carrying the Intelligent Key with you.
2. The trunk will unlatch. A chime will sound 4 times.
3. Raise the trunk lid to open the trunk.
To prevent the Intelligent Key from being accidentally locked in the trunk, lockout protection is equipped with the Intelligent Key.
When all doors are locked and the trunk lid is closed with the Intelligent Key inside the trunk, the outside buzzer will sound and the trunk will open.
B2602 shift position
Description BCM confirms the shift position with the following 2 signals. â€¢ CVT selector lever â€¢ Speed signal from meter DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC NOTE: â€¢ If DTC B2602 is displayed with DTC U1000, first perform the trouble diagnosis for DTC U1000. Refer to SEC-235, "DTC L ...
HomeLink® universal transceiver (if so equipped)
The HomeLink® Universal Transceiver provides a convenient way to consolidate the functions of up to three individual hand-held transmitters into one built-in device. HomeLink® Universal Transceiver: ● Will operate most Radio Frequency (RF) devices such as garage doors, gates, home and ...
Rear-facing child restraint installation using the seat belts
WARNING The three-point seat belt with Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR) must be used when installing a child restraint. Failure to use the ALR mode will result in the child restraint not being properly secured. The restraint could tip over or be loose and cause injury to a child in a sudde ...