Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
This vehicle is equipped with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). It monitors tire pressure of all tires except the spare. When the low tire pressure warning light is lit, and the “Tire Pressure Low - Add Air” warning appears in the vehicle information display, one or more of your tires is significantly under-inflated. If equipped, the system also displays pressure of all tires (except the spare tire) on the display screen by sending a signal from a sensor that is installed in each wheel. If the vehicle is being driven with low tire pressure, the TPMS will activate and warn you of it by the low tire pressure warning light.
This system will activate only when the vehicle is driven at speeds above 16 MPH (25 km/h). For more details, refer to “Warning/indicator lights and audible reminders” in the “Instruments and controls” section and “Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)” in the “Starting and driving” section.
● Radio waves could adversely affect electric medical equipment. Those who use a pacemaker should contact the electric medical equipment manufacturer for the possible influences before use.
● If the low tire pressure warning light illuminates while driving, avoid sudden steering maneuvers or abrupt braking, reduce vehicle speed, pull off the road to a safe location and stop the vehicle as soon as possible. Driving with underinflated tires may permanently damage the tires and increase the likelihood of tire failure. Serious vehicle damage could occur and may lead to an accident and could result in serious personal injury.
Check the tire pressure for all four tires. Adjust the tire pressure to the recommended COLD tire pressure shown on the Tire and Loading Information label to turn the low tire pressure warning light OFF. If you have a flat tire, replace it with a spare tire as soon as possible.
● When a spare tire is mounted or a wheel is replaced, tire pressure will not be indicated, the TPMS will not function and the low tire pressure warning light will flash for approximately 1 minute.
The light will remain on after 1 minute.
Contact your NISSAN dealer as soon as possible for tire replacement and/or system resetting.
● Replacing tires with those not originally specified by NISSAN could affect the proper operation of the TPMS.
● Do not inject any tire liquid or aerosol tire sealant into the tires, as this may cause a malfunction of the tire pressure sensors.
The following procedures will help you get started using the Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System with NISSAN Voice Recognition. For additional command options, refer to “List of voice commands” in this section. Choosing a language You can interact with the Bluetooth® Hands- Free Phone System ...
M&A branch line circuit
Diagnosis Procedure INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CHECK CONNECTOR 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal. 3. Check the terminals and connectors of the combination meter for damage, bend and loose connection (unit side and connector side). ...
Crash zone sensor
Removal and Installation REMOVAL 1. Crash zone sensor harness connector 2. Crash zone sensor A. Crash zone sensor nuts CAUTION: â€¢ Before servicing, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery terminals and wait at least three minutes. â€¢ Do not use air tools or electric tool ...