Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
This vehicle is equipped with the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). It monitors tire pressure of all tires except the spare. When the low tire pressure warning light is lit, and the “Tire Pressure Low - Add Air” warning appears in the vehicle information display, one or more of your tires is significantly under-inflated. If equipped, the system also displays pressure of all tires (except the spare tire) on the display screen by sending a signal from a sensor that is installed in each wheel. If the vehicle is being driven with low tire pressure, the TPMS will activate and warn you of it by the low tire pressure warning light.
This system will activate only when the vehicle is driven at speeds above 16 MPH (25 km/h). For more details, refer to “Warning/indicator lights and audible reminders” in the “Instruments and controls” section and “Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)” in the “Starting and driving” section.
● Radio waves could adversely affect electric medical equipment. Those who use a pacemaker should contact the electric medical equipment manufacturer for the possible influences before use.
● If the low tire pressure warning light illuminates while driving, avoid sudden steering maneuvers or abrupt braking, reduce vehicle speed, pull off the road to a safe location and stop the vehicle as soon as possible. Driving with underinflated tires may permanently damage the tires and increase the likelihood of tire failure. Serious vehicle damage could occur and may lead to an accident and could result in serious personal injury.
Check the tire pressure for all four tires. Adjust the tire pressure to the recommended COLD tire pressure shown on the Tire and Loading Information label to turn the low tire pressure warning light OFF. If you have a flat tire, replace it with a spare tire as soon as possible.
● When a spare tire is mounted or a wheel is replaced, tire pressure will not be indicated, the TPMS will not function and the low tire pressure warning light will flash for approximately 1 minute.
The light will remain on after 1 minute.
Contact your NISSAN dealer as soon as possible for tire replacement and/or system resetting.
● Replacing tires with those not originally specified by NISSAN could affect the proper operation of the TPMS.
● Do not inject any tire liquid or aerosol tire sealant into the tires, as this may cause a malfunction of the tire pressure sensors.
B260A ignition relay
Description BCM turns ON the following relays to ignition power supply to each ECU when the ignition switch is turned ON. â€¢ Ignition relay-1 (inside IPDM E/R) â€¢ Ignition relay-2 (inside fuse box) â€¢ Blower fan motor relay BCM checks any ignition relay ON request for consistency with ...
B2109 steering lock relay
Description The steering lock relay ON signal is transmitted to IPDM E/R by BCM via CAN communication. IPDM E/R turns the steering lock relay ON and transmits the release of the steering to BCM. DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC NOTE: â€¢ If DTC B2109 is displayed with DTC U1000, first perf ...
Environmental factors influence the rate of corrosion
Moisture Accumulation of sand, dirt and water on the vehicle body underside can accelerate corrosion. Wet floor coverings will not dry completely inside the vehicle and should be removed for drying to avoid floor panel corrosion. Relative humidity Corrosion will be accelerated in areas of ...