Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Using the system
The NISSAN Voice Recognition system allows hands-free operation of the Bluetooth® Phone System.
If the vehicle is in motion, some commands may not be available so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
When the ignition switch is placed in the ON
position, NISSAN Voice Recognition is initialized,
which takes a few seconds. If the
button is pressed before the initialization completes, the system will announce “Hands-free phone system not ready” and will not react to voice commands.
To get the best performance out of the NISSAN Voice Recognition system, observe the following:
● Keep the interior of the vehicle as quiet as possible. Close the windows to eliminate surrounding noises (traffic noises, vibration sounds, etc.), which may prevent the system from recognizing voice commands correctly.
● Wait until the tone sounds before speaking a command. Otherwise, the command will not be received properly.
● Start speaking a command within 5 seconds after the tone sounds.
● Speak in a natural voice without pausing between words.
Giving voice commands
To operate NISSAN Voice Recognition, press
and release the button located on
the steering wheel. After the tone sounds, speak a command.
The command given is picked up by the microphone, and voice feedback is given when the command is accepted.
● If you need to hear the available commands for the current menu again, say “Help” and the system will repeat them.
● If a command is not recognized, the system announces, “Command not recognized. Please try again.”Make sure the command is said exactly as prompted by the system and repeat the command in a clear voice.
● If you want to go back to the previous command, you can say “Go back” or “Correction” any time the system is waiting for a response.
● You can cancel a command when the system
is waiting for a response by saying,
“Cancel” or “Quit.” The system announces
“Cancel” and ends the VR session. You can
also press and hold the button on
the steering wheel for 5 seconds at any time to end the VR session. Whenever the VR session is cancelled, a double beep is played to indicate you have exited the system.
● If you want to adjust the volume of the voice feedback, press the volume control switches (+ or -) on the steering wheel while being provided with feedback. You can also use the radio volume control knob.
Voice Prompt Interrupt
In most cases you can interrupt the voice feedback
to speak the next command by pressing
the button on the steering wheel.
After interrupting the system, wait for a beep before speaking your command.
One Shot Call
To use the system faster, you may speak the
second level commands with the main menu
command on the main menu. For example, press
the button and after the tone say,
Diagnosis Procedure 1.CHECK KEY SLOT POWER SUPPLY CIRCUI 1. Turn ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect key slot connector. 3. Check voltage between slot connector and ground. Is the inspection result normal? YES >> GO TO 2 NO >> Repair or replace key slot power supply circuit ...
P0705 park/neutral position switch
Description â€¢ The PNP switch assembly includes a transaxle range switch. â€¢ The transaxle range switch detects the selector lever position and sends a signal to the TCM. DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE CAUTION: Always drive vehicle at a safe speed. NOTE: ...
ENGINE COOLANT System Inspection â€¢ Never remove the radiator cap when the engine is hot. Serious burns could occur from high pressure fluid escaping from the radiator. â€¢ Wrap a thick cloth around the cap. Slowly push down and turn it a quarter turn to allow built-up pressure to escap ...