Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Vehicle security system
audible alarm signals if someone opens the doors, trunk lid or the hood when the system is armed. It is not, however, a motion detection type system that activates when a vehicle is moved or when a vibration occurs.
The system helps deter vehicle theft but cannot prevent it, nor can it prevent the theft of interior or exterior vehicle components in all situations. Always secure your vehicle even if parking for a brief period. Never leave your Intelligent Key in the vehicle, and always lock the vehicle when unattended. Be aware of your surroundings, and park in secure, well-lit areas whenever possible.
Many devices offering additional protection, such as component locks, identification markers, and tracking systems, are available at auto supply stores and specialty shops. Your NISSAN dealer may also offer such equipment. Check with your insurance company to see if you may be eligible for discounts for various theft protection features.
How to arm the vehicle security system
1. Close all windows. (The system can be armed even if the windows are open.) 2. Remove the Intelligent Key from the vehicle.
3. Close all doors, hood and trunk/liftgate.
Lock all doors. The doors can be locked with the Intelligent Key, door handle request switch (if so equipped), power door lock switch or mechanical key.
4. Confirm that the security indicator light comes on. The security light stays on for about 30 seconds. The vehicle security system is now pre-armed. After about 30 seconds the vehicle security system automatically shifts into the armed phase. The security light begins to flash once every 3 seconds. If, during the 30-second pre-arm time period, the driverís door is unlocked by the key or the keyfob, or the ignition switch is placed in the ACC or ON position, the system will not arm.
● Even when the driver and/or passengers are in the vehicle, the system will activate with all the doors, hood and trunk lid locked with the ignition switch placed in the LOCK position. When placing the ignition switch in the ACC or ON position, the system will be released.
Vehicle security system activation
The vehicle security system will give the following
● The headlights blink and the horn sounds intermittently.
● The alarm automatically turns off after a period of time. However, the alarm reactivates if the vehicle is tampered with again. The alarm can be shut off by unlocking the driverís door or trunk lid with the key, or by pressing the button on the Intelligent Key.
The alarm is activated by:
● opening the door or trunk lid without using the key or Intelligent Key (even if the door is unlocked by releasing the door inside lock switch).
How to stop an activated alarm
The alarm stops only by unlocking the driverís
door or the trunk lid with the key, pressing
the button on the Intelligent Key,
or pressing the request switch (if so equipped) on the driverís or passengerís door with the Intelligent Key in range of the door handle.
U0101 Can comm circuit
Description CAN (Controller Area Network) is a serial communication line for real time application. It is an on-vehicle multiplex communication line with high data communication speed and excellent error detection ability. Many electronic control units are equipped onto a vehicle, and each co ...
DTC B2205 Vehicle speed circuit
Description The ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) provides a vehicle speed signal to the combination meter via CAN communication lines. DTC Logic Diagnosis Procedure Symptom: Displays ‚ÄúVEHICLE SPEED CIRC [B2205]‚ÄĚ as a self-diagnosis result of combination meter. 1.CHECK CO ...
U120A DVD-ROM disc
Description Refer to AV-240, "System Description". DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC Diagnosis Procedure 1.CHECK DVD-ROM Check DVD-ROM for dirt, scratches and warpage. Is the DVD-ROM clean and undamaged? YES >> Replace AV control unit. Refer to AV-437, "Removal and Insta ...