Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Vehicle security system
audible alarm signals if someone opens the doors, trunk lid or the hood when the system is armed. It is not, however, a motion detection type system that activates when a vehicle is moved or when a vibration occurs.
The system helps deter vehicle theft but cannot prevent it, nor can it prevent the theft of interior or exterior vehicle components in all situations. Always secure your vehicle even if parking for a brief period. Never leave your Intelligent Key in the vehicle, and always lock the vehicle when unattended. Be aware of your surroundings, and park in secure, well-lit areas whenever possible.
Many devices offering additional protection, such as component locks, identification markers, and tracking systems, are available at auto supply stores and specialty shops. Your NISSAN dealer may also offer such equipment. Check with your insurance company to see if you may be eligible for discounts for various theft protection features.
How to arm the vehicle security system
1. Close all windows. (The system can be armed even if the windows are open.) 2. Remove the Intelligent Key from the vehicle.
3. Close all doors, hood and trunk/liftgate.
Lock all doors. The doors can be locked with the Intelligent Key, door handle request switch (if so equipped), power door lock switch or mechanical key.
4. Confirm that the security indicator light comes on. The security light stays on for about 30 seconds. The vehicle security system is now pre-armed. After about 30 seconds the vehicle security system automatically shifts into the armed phase. The security light begins to flash once every 3 seconds. If, during the 30-second pre-arm time period, the driver’s door is unlocked by the key or the keyfob, or the ignition switch is placed in the ACC or ON position, the system will not arm.
● Even when the driver and/or passengers are in the vehicle, the system will activate with all the doors, hood and trunk lid locked with the ignition switch placed in the LOCK position. When placing the ignition switch in the ACC or ON position, the system will be released.
Vehicle security system activation
The vehicle security system will give the following
● The headlights blink and the horn sounds intermittently.
● The alarm automatically turns off after a period of time. However, the alarm reactivates if the vehicle is tampered with again. The alarm can be shut off by unlocking the driver’s door or trunk lid with the key, or by pressing the button on the Intelligent Key.
The alarm is activated by:
● opening the door or trunk lid without using the key or Intelligent Key (even if the door is unlocked by releasing the door inside lock switch).
How to stop an activated alarm
The alarm stops only by unlocking the driver’s
door or the trunk lid with the key, pressing
the button on the Intelligent Key,
or pressing the request switch (if so equipped) on the driver’s or passenger’s door with the Intelligent Key in range of the door handle.
How to adjust the screen (if so equipped)
settings, press the SETTING button while the RearView Monitor screen is displayed. Each time the SETTING button is pressed, the next setting item is selected. Turn the TUNE·SCROLL/TUNE·FOLDER control knob to adjust each item. Available setting items: ● Brightness ● Contrast ` ...
B1209 â€“ b1210 collision detection
Description DTC B1209 - B1210 COLLISION DETECTION The air bag diagnosis sensor unit will set this DTC if it has detected a collision which has resulted in a frontal or side deployment of one or more air bags or pre-tensioners. If this DTC is detected after a SRS repair, the air bag diagnosis ...
P0116 ECT sensor
Description The engine coolant temperature sensor is used to detect the engine coolant temperature. The sensor modifies a voltage signal from the ECM. The modified signal returns to the ECM as the engine coolant temperature input. The sensor uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change i ...