Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Air bags, seat belts and child restraints
1. Top tether strap anchor
2. Rear seat belts
3. Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bag
4. Front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bag
5. Head restraints/headrests 6. Front seat belts
7. Side-impact pressure sensor (driver’s side shown; passenger’s side similar) 8. Supplemental front-impact air bags 9. Seats
10. Occupant classification sensor (weight sensor)
11. Seat belt with pretensioner 12. LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) system
See the page number indicated in parentheses for operating details.
Description COMPONENT DESCRIPTION Ambient Sensor The ambient sensor (1) is attached on the front bumper reinforcement. It detects ambient temperature and converts it into a resistance value which is then input into the front air control. AMBIENT TEMPERATURE INPUT PROCESS The automatic am ...
ABS branch line circuit
Diagnosis Procedure INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CHECK CONNECTOR 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal. 3. Check the terminals and connectors of the ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) for damage, bend and loose connection (unit ...
B2557 vehicle speed
Description BCM receives the 2 vehicle speed signals via CAN communication. 1 signal is transmitted by the вЂњunified meterвЂќ Another signal is transmitted by вЂњABS actuator and electric unit (control unit)вЂќ. BCM compares both signals to detect the vehicle speed. DTC Logic DTC DETECTIO ...