Nissan Altima Owners Manual: BSW system operation
The BSW system operates above approximately 20 MPH (32 km/h).
When the camera unit detects vehicles in the detection zone, the Blind spot indicator light located inside the outside mirrors will illuminate. If the turn signal is then activated, the system chimes (twice) and the Blind spot indicator light flashes to alert the driver.
The Blind spot indicator light continues to flash until the detected vehicle(s) leave the detection zone.
Blind spot warning light
The camera unit can detect vehicles on either side of your vehicle when part of another vehicle is within the detection zone shown as illustrated.
This detection zone typically starts from the outside mirror of your vehicle and extends approximately 10 ft (3.0 m) behind the rear bumper, and approximately 10 ft (3.0 m) sideways.
The Blind spot indicator light will illuminate for a few seconds when the ignition switch is placed in the ON position.
The brightness of the Blind spot indicator lights is adjusted automatically depending on the brightness of the ambient light.
A chime sounds if the camera unit has already detected vehicles when the driver activates the turn signal. If a vehicle comes into the detection zone after the driver activates the turn signal, then only the Blind spot indicator light flashes and no chime sounds. (See “BSW driving situations” later in this section.) Turning on or off the BSW system The BSW system is turned on or off using the settings menu in the vehicle information display.
The BSW light on the instrument panel will light up.
The BSW light on the instrument panel will go out.
1. Press the button until
“Settings” displays in the vehicle information display. Use the to select “Driver
Assistance”. Then press the ENTER button.
2. Select “Driving Aids”, and press the ENTER button.
3. To set the BSW system to on or off, use
the buttons to navigate in the menu
and use the ENTER button to select or change an item:
● Select “Blind Spot” and press the ENTER button.
● To turn on the warning, use the ENTER button to check box for “Warning (BSW)” The warning systems switch is used to temporarily turn off the warning systems (Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Blind SpotWarning (BSW) systems) that are activated using the settings menu in the vehicle information display. See “Warning systems switch” in “Instruments and controls.”
● The camera unit may not be able to
detect when certain objects are present
– Pedestrians, bicycles, animals – Some types of small vehicles such as motorcycles, and very short length vehicles
– Oncoming vehicles
A vehicle approaching rapidly from behind. (See “BSW driving situations” later in this section)
– A vehicle which your vehicle overtakes rapidly. (See “BSW driving situations” later in this section) – A vehicle that merges or changes lanes rapidly directly next to your vehicle.
● The camera unit may not be able to detect property when your vehicle travels beside the middle section of a vehicle with long wheelbase (e.g. trailer truck, semi-trailer, tractor).
● The camera detection zone is designed based on a standard lane width. When driving in a wider lane, the camera unit may not detect vehicles in an adjacent lane. When driving in a narrow lane, the camera unit may detect vehicles driving two lanes away.
● The camera unit is designed to ignore most stationary objects, however objects such as guardrails, walls, foliage and parked vehicles may occasionally be detected. This is a normal operating condition.
● The camera unit may detect the reflected image of vehicles or roadside objects that are not actually in the detection zone, especially when the road is wet.
Wiring Diagram - Coupe Wiring Diagram - Sedan ...
P1212 TCS Communication line
Description This CAN communication line is used to control the smooth engine operation during the TCS operation. Pulse signals are exchanged between ECM and â€śABS actuator and electric unit (control unit)â€ť. Be sure to erase the malfunction information such as DTC not only for â€śABS ac ...
Disassembly and assembly
FRONT COIL SPRING AND STRUT Disassembly and Assembly DISASSEMBLY 1. Install Tool to strut and secure it in a vise. Tool number : ST35652000 ( â€” ) CAUTION: When installing Tool, wrap a shop cloth around strut to protect it from damage. 2. Slightly loosen piston rod lock nut. WARNING: ...