Nissan Altima Owners Manual: BSW system operation
The BSW system operates above approximately 20 MPH (32 km/h).
When the camera unit detects vehicles in the detection zone, the Blind spot indicator light located inside the outside mirrors will illuminate. If the turn signal is then activated, the system chimes (twice) and the Blind spot indicator light flashes to alert the driver.
The Blind spot indicator light continues to flash until the detected vehicle(s) leave the detection zone.
Blind spot warning light
The camera unit can detect vehicles on either side of your vehicle when part of another vehicle is within the detection zone shown as illustrated.
This detection zone typically starts from the outside mirror of your vehicle and extends approximately 10 ft (3.0 m) behind the rear bumper, and approximately 10 ft (3.0 m) sideways.
The Blind spot indicator light will illuminate for a few seconds when the ignition switch is placed in the ON position.
The brightness of the Blind spot indicator lights is adjusted automatically depending on the brightness of the ambient light.
A chime sounds if the camera unit has already detected vehicles when the driver activates the turn signal. If a vehicle comes into the detection zone after the driver activates the turn signal, then only the Blind spot indicator light flashes and no chime sounds. (See “BSW driving situations” later in this section.) Turning on or off the BSW system The BSW system is turned on or off using the settings menu in the vehicle information display.
The BSW light on the instrument panel will light up.
The BSW light on the instrument panel will go out.
1. Press the button until
“Settings” displays in the vehicle information display. Use the to select “Driver
Assistance”. Then press the ENTER button.
2. Select “Driving Aids”, and press the ENTER button.
3. To set the BSW system to on or off, use
the buttons to navigate in the menu
and use the ENTER button to select or change an item:
● Select “Blind Spot” and press the ENTER button.
● To turn on the warning, use the ENTER button to check box for “Warning (BSW)” The warning systems switch is used to temporarily turn off the warning systems (Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Blind SpotWarning (BSW) systems) that are activated using the settings menu in the vehicle information display. See “Warning systems switch” in “Instruments and controls.”
● The camera unit may not be able to
detect when certain objects are present
– Pedestrians, bicycles, animals – Some types of small vehicles such as motorcycles, and very short length vehicles
– Oncoming vehicles
A vehicle approaching rapidly from behind. (See “BSW driving situations” later in this section)
– A vehicle which your vehicle overtakes rapidly. (See “BSW driving situations” later in this section) – A vehicle that merges or changes lanes rapidly directly next to your vehicle.
● The camera unit may not be able to detect property when your vehicle travels beside the middle section of a vehicle with long wheelbase (e.g. trailer truck, semi-trailer, tractor).
● The camera detection zone is designed based on a standard lane width. When driving in a wider lane, the camera unit may not detect vehicles in an adjacent lane. When driving in a narrow lane, the camera unit may detect vehicles driving two lanes away.
● The camera unit is designed to ignore most stationary objects, however objects such as guardrails, walls, foliage and parked vehicles may occasionally be detected. This is a normal operating condition.
● The camera unit may detect the reflected image of vehicles or roadside objects that are not actually in the detection zone, especially when the road is wet.
AV Branch line circuit
Diagnosis Procedure INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CHECK CONNECTOR 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal. 3. Check the terminals and connectors of the AV control unit for damage, bend and loose connection (unit side and connector side). I ...
Key slot illumination
Description Blinks when keyfob insertion is required. Component Function Check 1.CHECK FUNCTION Check key slot illumination (â€śKEY SLOT ILLUMIâ€ť) Active Test mode. Is the inspection result normal? YES >> Key slot function is OK. NO >> Refer to SEC-505, "Diagnosis Pr ...
Power supply and ground circuit
Diagnosis Procedure 1. CHECK FUSE AND FUSIBLE LINK Check if the following BCM fuse or fusible link are blown. Is the fuse or fusible link blown? YES >> Replace the blown fuse or fusible link after repairing the affected circuit. NO >> GO TO 2 2. CHECK POWER SUPPLY CIRCUIT 1. ...