Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Engine cooling system
The engine cooling system is filled at the factory with a pre-diluted mixture of 50% Genuine NISSAN Engine Coolant (blue) and 50% water to provide year-round anti-freeze and coolant protection. The anti-freeze solution contains rust and corrosion inhibitors. Additional engine cooling system additives are not necessary.
● Never remove the radiator or coolant reservoir cap when the engine is hot.
Wait until the engine and radiator cool down. Serious burns could be caused by high pressure fluid escaping from the radiator. See precautions in “If your vehicle overheats” found in the “In case of emergency” section of this manual.
● The radiator is equipped with a pressure type radiator cap. To prevent engine damage, use only a genuine NISSAN radiator cap.
● Never use any cooling system additives such as radiator sealer. Additives may clog the cooling system and cause damage to the engine, transmission, and/or cooling system.
● When adding or replacing coolant, be sure to use only Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue) or equivalent. Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue) is pre-diluted to provide antifreeze protection to -34° F (-37° C). If additional freeze protection is needed due to weather where you operate your vehicle, add Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue) concentrate following the directions on the container. If an equivalent coolant other than Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue) is used, follow the coolant manufacturer’s instructions to maintain minimum antifreeze protection to -34° F (-37° C). The use of other types of coolant solutions other than Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue) or equivalent may damage the engine cooling system.
● The life expectancy of the factory-fill coolant is 105,000 miles (168,000 km) or 7 years. Mixing any other type of coolant other than Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue), including Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (green), or the use of non-distilled water will reduce the life expectancy of the factory-fill coolant.
Refer to the NISSAN Service and Maintenance Guide for more details.
Description VIN Registration is an operation to registering VIN in ECM. It must be performed each time ECM is replaced. NOTE: Accurate VIN which is registered in ECM may be required for Inspection & Maintenance (I/M) Special Repair Requirement 1.CHECK VIN Check the VIN of the vehicl ...
B2602 shift position
Description BCM confirms the shift position with the following 2 signals. â€¢ CVT selector lever â€¢ Speed signal from meter DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC NOTE: â€¢ If DTC B2602 is displayed with DTC U1000, first perform the trouble diagnosis for DTC U1000. Refer to SEC-433, "DTC ...
ABS branch line circuit
Diagnosis Procedure INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CHECK CONNECTOR 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal. 3. Check the terminals and connectors of the ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) for damage, bend and loose connection (unit ...