Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Engine cooling system
The engine cooling system is filled at the factory with a pre-diluted mixture of 50% Genuine NISSAN Engine Coolant (blue) and 50% water to provide year-round anti-freeze and coolant protection. The anti-freeze solution contains rust and corrosion inhibitors. Additional engine cooling system additives are not necessary.
● Never remove the radiator or coolant reservoir cap when the engine is hot.
Wait until the engine and radiator cool down. Serious burns could be caused by high pressure fluid escaping from the radiator. See precautions in “If your vehicle overheats” found in the “In case of emergency” section of this manual.
● The radiator is equipped with a pressure type radiator cap. To prevent engine damage, use only a genuine NISSAN radiator cap.
● Never use any cooling system additives such as radiator sealer. Additives may clog the cooling system and cause damage to the engine, transmission, and/or cooling system.
● When adding or replacing coolant, be sure to use only Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue) or equivalent. Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue) is pre-diluted to provide antifreeze protection to -34° F (-37° C). If additional freeze protection is needed due to weather where you operate your vehicle, add Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue) concentrate following the directions on the container. If an equivalent coolant other than Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue) is used, follow the coolant manufacturer’s instructions to maintain minimum antifreeze protection to -34° F (-37° C). The use of other types of coolant solutions other than Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue) or equivalent may damage the engine cooling system.
● The life expectancy of the factory-fill coolant is 105,000 miles (168,000 km) or 7 years. Mixing any other type of coolant other than Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (blue), including Genuine NISSAN Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (green), or the use of non-distilled water will reduce the life expectancy of the factory-fill coolant.
Refer to the NISSAN Service and Maintenance Guide for more details.
Vehicle security system
audible alarm signals if someone opens the doors, trunk lid or the hood when the system is armed. It is not, however, a motion detection type system that activates when a vehicle is moved or when a vibration occurs. The system helps deter vehicle theft but cannot prevent it, nor can it preve ...
Removal and Installation 1. Ignition coil 2. Spark plug 3. Rocker cover REMOVAL 1. Remove the engine cover. 2. Disconnect the harness connector from the ignition coil. 3. Remove the ignition coil. CAUTION: Do not drop or shock it. INSTALLATION Installation is in the reverse order of ...
Removal and Installation 1. Front bumper supports 2. Front bumper reinforcement 3. Energy absorbing foam 4. Tow cover 5. Front grille 6. Engine under cover 7. Fog lamp finisher (if equipped) 8. Fog lamp (if equipped) 9. Front bumper fascia REMOVAL 1. Remove the front fender protecto ...