Nissan Altima Owners Manual: If your vehicle overheats
If your vehicle is overheating (indicated by an extremely high temperature gauge reading), or if you feel a lack of engine power, detect abnormal noise, etc. take the following steps.
● Do not continue to drive if your vehicle overheats. Doing so could cause engine damage or a vehicle fire.
● To avoid the danger of being scalded, never remove the radiator cap while the engine is still hot. When the radiator cap is removed, pressurized hot water will spurt out, possibly causing serious injury.
● Do not open the hood if steam is coming out.
1. Move the vehicle safely off the road, apply the parking brake and move the shift lever to P (Park).
Do not stop the engine.
2. Turn off the air conditioner. Open all the windows, move the heater or air conditioner temperature control to maximum hot and fan control to high speed.
3. Get out of the vehicle. Look and listen for steam or coolant escaping from the radiator before opening the hood. (If steam or coolant is escaping, turn off the engine.) Do not open the hood further until no steam or coolant can be seen.
4. Open the engine hood.
If steam or water is coming from the engine, stand clear to prevent getting burned.
5. Visually check drive belts for damage or looseness. Also check if the cooling fan is running. The radiator hoses and radiator should not leak water. If coolant is leaking, the water pump belt is missing or loose, or the cooling fan does not run, stop the engine.
Be careful not to allow your hands, hair, jewelry or clothing to come into contact with, or get caught in, engine belts or the engine cooling fan. The engine cooling fan can start at any time.
6. After the engine cools down, check the coolant level in the engine coolant reservoir tank with the engine running. Add coolant to the engine coolant reservoir tank if necessary. Have your vehicle repaired at a NISSAN dealer.
Headlamp (HI) circuit
Description The IPDM E/R (intelligent power distribution module engine room) controls the headlamp high relay based on inputs from the BCM over the CAN communication lines. When the headlamp high relay is energized, power flows through fuses 48 and 49, located in the IPDM E/R. Power then flo ...
Multiport fuel injection system
System Diagram System Description INPUT/OUTPUT SIGNAL CHART *1: This sensor is not used to control the engine system under normal conditions. *2: This signal is sent to the ECM via the CAN communication line. *3: ECM determines the start signal status by the signals of engine speed an ...
BCM (BODY CONTROL MODULE) Reference Value VALUES ON THE DIAGNOSIS TOOL Terminal Layout Physical Values 1: Sedan only 2: With LH front window anti-pinch 3: With LH and RH front window anti-pinch 4: With Intelligent Key 5: Without Intelligen ...