Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Parking brake
● Be sure the parking brake is fully released before driving. Failure to do so can cause brake failure and lead to an accident.
● Do not release the parking brake from outside the vehicle.
● Do not use the shift lever in place of the parking brake. When parking, be sure the parking brake is fully engaged.
● Do not leave children unattended in a vehicle. They could release the parking brake and cause an accident.
Starting the engine
1. Apply the parking brake. 2. Move the shift lever to P (Park) or N (Neutral). P (Park) is recommended. The starter is designed not to operate if the shift lever is in any of the driving positions. 3. Push the ignition switch to the ON position. Depress the brake pedal and push the ign ...
Rear view monitor system (sedan)
System Diagram System Description When the selector is in the R position, the display will show a view to the rear of the vehicle. Lines which indicate the vehicle clearance and distances are also displayed. AV COMMUNICATION LINE The rear view camera control unit is connected to the AV co ...
System Diagram NOTE: The gear ratio is set for every position separately. System Description In order to select the gear ratio which can obtain the driving force in accordance with driver's intention and the vehicle condition, TCM monitors the driving conditions, such as the vehicle spee ...