Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Power outlet
The power outlets are for powering electrical accessories such as cellular telephones. They are rated at 12 volt, 120W (10A) maximum.
The power outlets are powered only when the ignition switch is in the ACC or ON position.
Open the lower half of the console box to access the power outlet. Refer to “Console box” in this section.
● The outlet and plug may be hot during or immediately after use.
● Only certain power outlets are designed for use with a cigarette lighter unit. Do not use any other power outlet for an accessory lighter. See your NISSAN dealer for additional information.
● Do not use with accessories that exceed a 12 volt, 120W (10A) power draw.
● Do not use double adapters or more than one electrical accessory.
● Use power outlets with the engine running to avoid discharging the vehicle battery.
● Avoid using power outlets when the air conditioner, headlights or rear window defroster is on.
● Before inserting or disconnecting a plug, be sure the electrical accessory being used is turned OFF.
● Push the plug in as far as it will go. If good contact is not made, the plug may overheat or the internal temperature fuse may open.
● When not in use, be sure to close the cap. Do not allow water or any other liquid to contact the outlet.
Extending engine run time
The remote start feature can be extended one time by performing the steps listed in “Remote starting the vehicle” in this section. Run time will be calculated as follows: ● The first 10 minute run time will start when the remote start function is performed. ● The second 10 minutes ...
Positive crankcase ventilation
Description This system returns blow-by gas to the intake manifold. The positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve is provided to conduct crankcase blow-by gas to the intake manifold. During partial throttle operation of the engine, the intake manifold sucks the blow-by gas through th ...
Steering switch (coupe)
Description When one of the steering wheel audio control switches is pushed, the resistance in the steering switch circuit changes depending on which button is pushed. Diagnosis Procedure WITH BLUETOOTH 1.CHECK HARNESS 1. Turn ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect Bluetooth control unit con ...