Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Precautions on cruise control
1. CANCEL switch
2. ACCEL/RES switch
3. COAST/SET switch
4. ON/OFF switch
● If the cruise control system malfunctions, it cancels automatically. The SET indicator light in the instrument panel then blinks to warn the driver.
● If the SET indicator light blinks, turn the cruise control switch off and have the system checked by a NISSAN dealer.
● The SET indicator light may blink when the cruise control switch is turned ON while pushing the ACCEL/RES, COAST/SET, or CANCEL switch. To properly set the cruise control system, use the following procedures.
Do not use the cruise control when driving under the following conditions:
● When it is not possible to keep the vehicle at a set speed.
● In heavy traffic or in traffic that varies in speed.
● On winding or hilly roads.
● On slippery roads (rain, snow, ice, etc.).
● In very windy areas.
Doing so could cause a loss of vehicle control and result in an accident.
Diagnosis and repair workflow
Work Flow INTRODUCTION The TCM receives a signal from the vehicle speed sensor, PNP switch and provides shift control or lock-up control via CVT solenoid valves. The TCM also communicates with the ECM by means of a signal sent from sensing elements used with the OBD-related parts of the C ...
CAN COMMUNICATION SYSTEM CAN System Specification Chart Determine CAN system type from the following specification chart. NOTE: Refer to LAN-16, "Trouble Diagnosis Procedure" for how to use CAN system specification chart. Ã—: Applicable VEHICLE EQUIPMENT IDENTIFICATION INFORM ...
Front passenger side power window alone does not operate
Diagnosis Procedure 1. CHECK POWER WINDOW AND DOOR LOCK/UNLOCK SWITCH RH Check power window and door lock/unlock switch RH. Refer to PWC-308, "FRONT POWER WINDOW SWITCH : Component Function Check". Is the inspection result normal? YES >> GO TO 2 NO >> Repair or repla ...