Nissan Altima Owners Manual: To protect your vehicle from corrosion
● Wash and wax your vehicle often to keep the vehicle clean.
● Always check for minor damage to the paint and repair it as soon as possible.
● Keep drain holes at the bottom of the doors open to avoid water accumulation.
● Check the underbody for accumulation of sand, dirt or salt. If present, wash with water as soon as possible.
● NEVER remove dirt, sand or other debris from the passenger compartment by washing it out with a hose. Remove dirt with a vacuum cleaner or broom.
● Never allow water or other liquids to come in contact with electronic components inside the vehicle as this may damage them.
Chemicals used for road surface de-icing are extremely corrosive. They accelerate corrosion and deterioration of underbody components such as the exhaust system, fuel and brake lines, brake cables, floor pan and fenders.
In winter, the underbody must be cleaned periodically.
For additional protection against rust and corrosion, which may be required in some areas, consult a NISSAN dealer.
License plate bracket padding
1. License plate
3. License plate frame
A license plate frame could vibrate and cause noise or paint damage. To avoid damage or noise, add a soft adhesive pad with a maximum thickness of 1/8 in (4 mm) to the back lower edge of the license plate frame.
Air conditioning cut control
System Diagram System Description INPUT/OUTPUT SIGNAL CHART *1: This signal is sent to the ECM through CAN communication line. *2: ECM determines the start signal status by the signals of engine speed and battery voltage. SYSTEM DESCRIPTION This system improves engine operation when ...
BSW/LDW automatic deactivation
When dirt, rain or snow cannot be removed by the automatic washer and blower and accumulates on the camera, making it impossible to detect the vehicles or the lane markers, the BSW and/or LDW system will be turned off automatically. The BSW light (white) and/or LDW light (white) will blink, ...
NISSAN customer care program
NISSAN CARES . . . Both NISSAN and your NISSAN dealer are dedicated to serving all your automotive needs. Your satisfaction with your vehicle and your NISSAN dealer are our primary concerns. Your NISSAN dealer is always available to assist you with all your automobile sales and service needs. ...