Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Car phone or CB radio
When installing a CB, ham radio or car phone in your vehicle, be sure to observe the following precautions; otherwise, the new equipment may adversely affect the engine control system and other electronic parts.
● A cellular phone should not be used for any purpose while driving so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
Some jurisdictions prohibit the use of cellular phones while driving.
● If you must make a call while your vehicle is in motion, the hands free cellular phone operational mode is highly recommended. Exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
● If you are unable to devote full attention to vehicle operation while talking on the phone, pull off the road to a safe location and stop your vehicle.
● Keep the antenna as far away as possible from the electronic control modules.
● Keep the antenna wire more than 8 in (20 cm) away from the electronic control system harnesses. Do not route the antenna wire next to any harness.
● Adjust the antenna standing-wave ratio as recommended by the manufacturer.
● Connect the ground wire from the CB radio chassis to the body.
● For details, consult a NISSAN dealer.
Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) "AIR B AG" and "SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER" The Supplemental Restraint System such as вЂњAIR BAGвЂќ and вЂњSEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONERвЂќ, used along with a front seat belt, helps to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the driver and front ...
STRG branch line circuit
Diagnosis Procedure INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CHECK CONNECTOR 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal. 3. Check the terminals and connectors of the steering angle sensor for damage, bend and loose connection (unit side and connector side). ...
Changing a flat tire
If you have a flat tire, follow the instructions below: Stopping the vehicle 1. Safely move the vehicle off the road and away from traffic. 2. Turn on the hazard warning flashers. 3. Park on a level surface and apply the parking brake. Move the shift lever to P (Park). 4. Turn off the engine. ...