Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Car phone or CB radio
When installing a CB, ham radio or car phone in your vehicle, be sure to observe the following precautions; otherwise, the new equipment may adversely affect the engine control system and other electronic parts.
● A cellular phone should not be used for any purpose while driving so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
Some jurisdictions prohibit the use of cellular phones while driving.
● If you must make a call while your vehicle is in motion, the hands free cellular phone operational mode is highly recommended. Exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
● If you are unable to devote full attention to vehicle operation while talking on the phone, pull off the road to a safe location and stop your vehicle.
● Keep the antenna as far away as possible from the electronic control modules.
● Keep the antenna wire more than 8 in (20 cm) away from the electronic control system harnesses. Do not route the antenna wire next to any harness.
● Adjust the antenna standing-wave ratio as recommended by the manufacturer.
● Connect the ground wire from the CB radio chassis to the body.
● For details, consult a NISSAN dealer.
Child safety rear door
Child safety locks help prevent the rear doors from being opened accidentally, especially when small children are in the vehicle. The child safety lock levers are located on the edge of the rear doors. When the lever is in the unlock position 2 , the door can be opened from the outside o ...
P0441 Evap control system
DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC NOTE: If DTC P0441 is displayed with other DTC such as P2122, P2123, P2127, P2128 or P2138, first perform trouble diagnosis for other DTC. In this evaporative emission (EVAP) control system, purge flow occurs during non-closed throttle conditions. Purge vo ...
ENGINE COOLANT System Inspection â€¢ Never remove the radiator cap when the engine is hot. Serious burns could occur from high pressure fluid escaping from the radiator. â€¢ Wrap a thick cloth around the cap. Slowly push down and turn it a quarter turn to allow built-up pressure to escap ...