Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Car phone or CB radio
When installing a CB, ham radio or car phone in your vehicle, be sure to observe the following precautions; otherwise, the new equipment may adversely affect the engine control system and other electronic parts.
● A cellular phone should not be used for any purpose while driving so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
Some jurisdictions prohibit the use of cellular phones while driving.
● If you must make a call while your vehicle is in motion, the hands free cellular phone operational mode is highly recommended. Exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
● If you are unable to devote full attention to vehicle operation while talking on the phone, pull off the road to a safe location and stop your vehicle.
● Keep the antenna as far away as possible from the electronic control modules.
● Keep the antenna wire more than 8 in (20 cm) away from the electronic control system harnesses. Do not route the antenna wire next to any harness.
● Adjust the antenna standing-wave ratio as recommended by the manufacturer.
● Connect the ground wire from the CB radio chassis to the body.
● For details, consult a NISSAN dealer.
SQUEAK AND RATTLE TROUBLE DIAGNOSES Work Flow CUSTOMER INTERVIEW Interview the customer if possible, to determine the conditions that exist when the noise occurs. Use the Diagnostic Worksheet during the interview to document the facts and conditions when the noise occurs and any customer' ...
Removal and Installation REMOVAL 1. Remove cluster lid C. Refer to IP-12, "Removal and Installation". 2. Remove cluster lid D lower finisher. Refer to IP-12, "Removal and Installation". 3. Remove navigation audio unit upper and lower screws (A). 4. Remove the naviga ...
Malfunction indicator lamp
Description The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) is located on the combination meter. The MIL will illuminate when the ignition switch is turned ON without the engine running. This is a bulb check. When the engine is started, the MIL should turn off. If the MIL remains illuminated, the on ...