Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Headlights
Replacing the xenon headlight bulb (if so equipped)
When xenon headlights are on, they produce a high voltage. To prevent an electric shock, never attempt to modify or disassemble.
Always have your xenon headlights replaced at a NISSAN dealer. For additional information, see ďHeadlight and turn signal switchĒ in the ďInstruments and controlsĒ section.
Replacing the halogen headlight bulb (if so equipped)
If bulb replacement is required, see your NISSAN dealer.
● Aiming is not necessary after replacing the bulb. When aiming adjustment is necessary, contact a NISSAN dealer.
● Do not leave the headlight assembly open without a bulb installed for a long period of time. Dust, moisture, smoke, etc. entering the headlight body may affect bulb performance. Remove the bulb from the headlight assembly just before a replacement bulb is installed.
● Only touch the base when handling the bulb. Never touch the glass envelope.
Touching the glass could significantly affect bulb life and/or headlight performance.
● High pressure halogen gas is sealed inside the halogen bulb. The bulb may break if the glass envelope is scratched or the bulb is dropped.
● Use the same number and wattage as shown in the chart.
Fog may temporarily form inside the lens of the exterior lights in the rain or in a car wash. A temperature difference between the inside and the outside of the lens causes the fog. This is not a malfunction. If large drops of water collect inside the lens, contact a NISSAN dealer.
SQUEAK AND RATTLE TROUBLE DIAGNOSES Work Flow CUSTOMER INTERVIEW Interview the customer, if possible, to determine the conditions that exist when the noise occurs. Use the Diagnostic Worksheet during the interview to document the facts and conditions when the noise occurs and any custome ...
Precaution for Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) "AIR BAG" and "SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER" The Supplemental Restraint System such as ‚ÄúAIR BAG‚ÄĚ and ‚ÄúSEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER‚ÄĚ, used along with a front seat belt, helps to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the dr ...
Door locks/unlocks precaution
● Do not push the door handle request switch with the Intelligent Key held in your hand as illustrated. The close distance to the door handle will cause the Intelligent Key system to have difficulty recognizing that the Intelligent Key is outside the vehicle. ● After locking with ...