Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Headlights
Replacing the xenon headlight bulb (if so equipped)
When xenon headlights are on, they produce a high voltage. To prevent an electric shock, never attempt to modify or disassemble.
Always have your xenon headlights replaced at a NISSAN dealer. For additional information, see “Headlight and turn signal switch” in the “Instruments and controls” section.
Replacing the halogen headlight bulb (if so equipped)
If bulb replacement is required, see your NISSAN dealer.
● Aiming is not necessary after replacing the bulb. When aiming adjustment is necessary, contact a NISSAN dealer.
● Do not leave the headlight assembly open without a bulb installed for a long period of time. Dust, moisture, smoke, etc. entering the headlight body may affect bulb performance. Remove the bulb from the headlight assembly just before a replacement bulb is installed.
● Only touch the base when handling the bulb. Never touch the glass envelope.
Touching the glass could significantly affect bulb life and/or headlight performance.
● High pressure halogen gas is sealed inside the halogen bulb. The bulb may break if the glass envelope is scratched or the bulb is dropped.
● Use the same number and wattage as shown in the chart.
Fog may temporarily form inside the lens of the exterior lights in the rain or in a car wash. A temperature difference between the inside and the outside of the lens causes the fog. This is not a malfunction. If large drops of water collect inside the lens, contact a NISSAN dealer.
Diagnosis system (IPDM E/R)
Diagnosis Description AUTO ACTIVE TEST Description In auto active test mode, the IPDM E/R sends a drive signal to the following systems to check their operation. â€¢ Oil pressure warning lamp â€¢ Front wiper (LO, HI) â€¢ Parking lamps â€¢ License plate lamps â€¢ Tail lamps â€¢ Front fog ...
Rear parcel shelf finisher
Exploded View 1. Seatback release escutcheon 2. Seatback release cover 3. Child anchor cover 4. Seatback latch cover 5. Rear parcel shelf finisher 6. High mounted stop lamp (if equipped) A. Clip C205 Removal and Installation REMOVAL 1. Release seatback latch RH/LH, then fold both r ...
P2127, P2128 APP sensor
Description The accelerator pedal position sensor is installed on the upper end of the accelerator pedal assembly. The sensor detects the accelerator position and sends a signal to the ECM. Accelerator pedal position sensor has two sensors. These sensors are a kind of potentiometers which tr ...