Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Headlights
Replacing the xenon headlight bulb (if so equipped)
When xenon headlights are on, they produce a high voltage. To prevent an electric shock, never attempt to modify or disassemble.
Always have your xenon headlights replaced at a NISSAN dealer. For additional information, see “Headlight and turn signal switch” in the “Instruments and controls” section.
Replacing the halogen headlight bulb (if so equipped)
If bulb replacement is required, see your NISSAN dealer.
● Aiming is not necessary after replacing the bulb. When aiming adjustment is necessary, contact a NISSAN dealer.
● Do not leave the headlight assembly open without a bulb installed for a long period of time. Dust, moisture, smoke, etc. entering the headlight body may affect bulb performance. Remove the bulb from the headlight assembly just before a replacement bulb is installed.
● Only touch the base when handling the bulb. Never touch the glass envelope.
Touching the glass could significantly affect bulb life and/or headlight performance.
● High pressure halogen gas is sealed inside the halogen bulb. The bulb may break if the glass envelope is scratched or the bulb is dropped.
● Use the same number and wattage as shown in the chart.
Fog may temporarily form inside the lens of the exterior lights in the rain or in a car wash. A temperature difference between the inside and the outside of the lens causes the fog. This is not a malfunction. If large drops of water collect inside the lens, contact a NISSAN dealer.
Rear window defogger system
System Diagram System Description Operation Description â€¢ Turn rear window defogger switch ON when the ignition switch is turned ON. Then front air control (rear window defogger switch) transmits rear window defogger switch signal to BCM. â€¢ BCM turns rear window defogger relay ON whe ...
System Diagram System Description The CVT senses vehicle operating conditions through various sensors. It always controls the optimum shift position and reduces shifting and lock-up shocks. CONTROL SYSTEM OUTLINE The function of the TCM is to: â€¢ Receive input signals sent from various s ...
Diagnosis system (AV control unit)
Diagnosis Description DESCRIPTION â€¢ Diagnosis function consists of the self-diagnosis mode performed automatically and the CONFIRMATION/ ADJUSTMENT mode operated manually. â€¢ Self-diagnosis mode checks for connections between the units constituting this system, analyzes each individual ...