Nissan Altima Owners Manual: NISSAN Intelligent Key®
Your vehicle can only be driven with the Intelligent Keys which are registered to your vehicle’s Intelligent Key system components and NISSAN Vehicle Immobilizer System components. As many as 4 Intelligent Keys can be registered and used with one vehicle. The new keys must be registered by an NISSAN dealer prior to use with the Intelligent Key system and NISSAN Vehicle Immobilizer System of your vehicle. Since the registration process requires erasing all memory in the Intelligent Key components when registering new keys, be sure to take all Intelligent Keys that you have to the NISSAN dealer.
A key number plate is supplied with your keys.
Record the key number and keep it in a safe place (such as your wallet), not in the vehicle. If you lose your keys, see a NISSAN dealer for duplicates by using the key number. NISSAN does not record key numbers so it is very important to keep track of your key number plate.
A key number is only necessary when you have lost all keys and do not have one to duplicate from. If you still have a key, your NISSAN dealer can duplicate it.
Listed below are conditions or occurrences
which will damage the Intelligent
● Do not allow the Intelligent Key, which contains electrical components, to come into contact with water or salt water. This could affect the system function.
● Do not drop the Intelligent Key.
● Do not strike the Intelligent Key sharply against another object.
● Do not change or modify the Intelligent Key.
● Wetting may damage the Intelligent Key. If the Intelligent Key gets wet, immediately wipe until it is completely dry.
● Do not place the Intelligent Key for an extended period in an area where temperatures exceed 140°F (60°C).
● Do not attach the Intelligent Key with a key holder that contains a magnet.
● Do not place the Intelligent Key near equipment that produces a magnetic field, such as a TV, audio equipment and personal computers.
If an Intelligent Key is lost or stolen, NISSAN recommends erasing the ID code of that Intelligent Key from the vehicle.
This may prevent the unauthorized use of the Intelligent Key to operate the vehicle.
For information regarding the erasing procedure, contact an NISSAN dealer.
The Intelligent Key contains the mechanical key.
To remove the mechanical key, release the lock knob on the back of the Intelligent Key.
To install the mechanical key, firmly insert it into the Intelligent Key until the lock knob returns to the lock position.
Use the mechanical key to lock or unlock the doors, glove box and rear seatback lock.
See “Doors” in this section, “Storage” in the “Instruments and controls” section, and “Seats” in the “Safety — Seats, seat belts and supplemental restraint system” section of this manual.
Always carry the mechanical key installed in the Intelligent Key slot.
When you have to leave a key with a valet, give them the Intelligent Key itself and keep the mechanical key with you to protect your belongings.
To prevent the glove box and the trunk from being
opened during valet hand-off, follow the procedures
1. Push the trunk cancel switch to the OFF position.
2. Remove the mechanical key from the Intelligent Key.
3. Lock the glove box and the rear seats with the mechanical key.
4. Hand the Intelligent Key to the valet and keep the mechanical key with you.
See “Storage” in the “Instruments and controls” section and “Seats” in the “Safety — seats, seat belts and supplemental restraint system” section.
Rear and rear-wide view monitor with moving object detection (MOD) (if so
When the shift lever is shifted into the R (Reverse) position, the monitor display shows view to the rear of the vehicle. The system is designed as an aid to the driver in detecting large stationary objects to help avoid damaging the vehicle. The system will not detect small objects below th ...
CSC (Concentric slave cylinder)
Exploded View 1. Transaxle assembly 2. CSC (Concentric Slave Cylinder) Removal and Installation CAUTION: â€¢ If transaxle assembly is removed from the vehicle, always replace CSC. Return CSC insert to original position to remove transaxle assembly. Dust on clutch disc sliding parts may ...
Microphone signal circuit (sedan)
Description Voice signals are transmitted from the microphone to the Bluetooth control unit using the microphone signal circuits. Diagnosis Procedure 1.CHECK HARNESS BETWEEN BLUETOOTH CONTROL UNIT AND MICROPHONE 1. Turn ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect Bluetooth control unit connector an ...