Nissan Altima Owners Manual: NISSAN Intelligent Key® battery discharge
If the battery of the NISSAN Intelligent Key® is discharged, or environmental conditions interfere with the Intelligent Key operation, start the engine according to the following procedure:
1. Place the shift lever in the P (Park) position.
2. Firmly apply the foot brake.
3. Touch the ignition switch with the Intelligent Key as illustrated. (A chime will sound.)
After step 3 is performed, when the ignition switch is pushed without depressing the brake pedal, the ignition switch position will change to ACC.
4. Push the ignition switch while depressing the brake pedal within 10 seconds after the chime sounds. The engine will start.
● When the ignition switch is pushed to the ACC or ON position or the engine is started by the above procedure, the Intelligent Key battery discharge indicator appears in the vehicle information display even when the Intelligent Key is inside the vehicle. This is not a malfunction. To turn off the Intelligent Key battery discharge indicator, touch the ignition switch with the Intelligent Key again.
● If the Intelligent Key battery discharge indicator appears, replace the battery as soon as possible. See Battery Replacement in the Maintenance and do-it-yourself section.
B2557 vehicle speed
Description BCM receives the 2 vehicle speed signals via CAN communication. One signal is transmitted by the âunified meterâ. Another signal is transmitted by âABS actuator and electric unit (control unit)â. BCM compares both signals to detect the vehicle speed. DTC Logic DTC DETE ...
CAUTION During the first 1,200 miles (2,000 km), follow these recommendations to obtain maximum engine performance and ensure the future reliability and economy of your new vehicle. Failure to follow these recommendations may result in shortened engine life and reduced engine performance. & ...
Increasing fuel economy
● Keep your engine tuned up. ● Follow the recommended scheduled maintenance. ● Keep the tires inflated to the correct pressure. Low tire pressure increases tire wear and lowers fuel economy. ● Keep the wheels in correct alignment. Improper alignment increases tire wea ...