Nissan Altima Owners Manual: NISSAN Intelligent Key® Without Door and Trunk Request Switches
● Radio waves could adversely affect electric medical equipment. Those who use a pacemaker should contact the electric medical equipment manufacturer for the possible influences before use.
● The Intelligent Key transmits radio waves when the buttons are pressed.
The FAA advises the radio waves may affect aircraft navigation and communication systems. Do not operate the Intelligent Key while on an airplane. Make sure the buttons are not operated unintentionally when the unit is stored for a flight.
The Intelligent Key can operate all the door locks using the remote controller function. The operating environment and/or conditions may affect the Intelligent Key operation.
Be sure to read the following before using the Intelligent Key.
● Be sure to carry the Intelligent Key with you when operating the vehicle.
● Never leave the Intelligent Key in the vehicle when you leave the vehicle.
The Intelligent Key is always communicating with
the vehicle as it receives radio waves. The Intelligent
Key transmits weak radio waves. Environmental
conditions may interfere with the operation
of the Intelligent Key under the following
● When operating near a location where strong radio waves are transmitted, such as a TV tower, power station and broadcasting station.
● When in possession of wireless equipment, such as a cellular telephone, transceiver, and CB radio.
● When the Intelligent Key is in contact with or covered by metallic materials.
● When any type of radio wave remote control is used nearby.
● When the Intelligent Key is placed near an electric appliance such as a personal computer.
● When the vehicle is parked near a parking meter.
In such cases, correct the operating conditions before using the Intelligent Key function or use the mechanical key.
Although the life of the battery varies depending on the operating conditions, the battery’s life is approximately 2 years. If the battery is discharged, replace it with a new one.
When the Intelligent Key battery is low, an indicator illuminates in the Vehicle Information Display.
See “Vehicle Information Display” in the “Instruments and controls” section.
Since the Intelligent Key is continuously receiving radio waves, if the key is left near equipment which transmits strong radio waves, such as signals from a TV and personal computer, the battery life may become shorter.
For information regarding replacement of a battery, see “Battery replacement” in the “Maintenance and do-it-yourself” section.
As many as 4 Intelligent Keys can be registered and used with one vehicle. For information about the purchase and use of additional Intelligent Keys, contact a NISSAN dealer.
Listed below are conditions or occurrences
which will damage the Intelligent
● Do not allow the Intelligent Key, which contains electrical components, to come into contact with water or salt water. This could affect the system function.
● Do not drop the Intelligent Key.
● Do not strike the Intelligent Key sharply against another object.
● Do not change or modify the Intelligent Key.
● Wetting may damage the Intelligent Key. If the Intelligent Key gets wet, immediately wipe until it is completely dry.
● Do not place the Intelligent Key for an extended period in an area where temperatures exceed 140°F (60°C).
● Do not attach the Intelligent Key with a key holder that contains a magnet.
● Do not place the Intelligent Key near equipment that produces a magnetic field, such as a TV, audio equipment and personal computers.
If an Intelligent Key is lost or stolen, NISSAN recommends erasing the ID code of that Intelligent Key from the vehicle. This may prevent the unauthorized use of the Intelligent Key to operate the vehicle. For information regarding the erasing procedure, contact a NISSAN dealer.
With the ignition placed in the ACC or ON position, press the PWR (power)/VOL (volume) knob to turn the radio on. If you listen to the radio with the engine not running, the ignition should be placed in the ACC position. Radio reception is affected by station signal strength, distance from r ...
Exterior and interior lights
*1 Always check with the Parts Department at a NISSAN dealer for the latest parts information. *2 See a NISSAN dealer for assistance. 1. Front map light 2. Headlamp assembly 3. Park/ Turn signal light 4. Fog light (if so equipped)/ Day time running light (Canada only) 5. Step light 6. ...
B210E starter relay
Description Located in IPDM E/R, it runs the starter motor. The starter relay is turned ON by the BCM when the ignition switch is in START position. IPDM E/R transmits the starter relay ON signal to BCM via CAN communication. DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC NOTE: â€¢ If DTC B210E is displaye ...