Nissan Altima Owners Manual: NISSAN Intelligent Key® Without Door and Trunk Request Switches
● Radio waves could adversely affect electric medical equipment. Those who use a pacemaker should contact the electric medical equipment manufacturer for the possible influences before use.
● The Intelligent Key transmits radio waves when the buttons are pressed.
The FAA advises the radio waves may affect aircraft navigation and communication systems. Do not operate the Intelligent Key while on an airplane. Make sure the buttons are not operated unintentionally when the unit is stored for a flight.
The Intelligent Key can operate all the door locks using the remote controller function. The operating environment and/or conditions may affect the Intelligent Key operation.
Be sure to read the following before using the Intelligent Key.
● Be sure to carry the Intelligent Key with you when operating the vehicle.
● Never leave the Intelligent Key in the vehicle when you leave the vehicle.
The Intelligent Key is always communicating with
the vehicle as it receives radio waves. The Intelligent
Key transmits weak radio waves. Environmental
conditions may interfere with the operation
of the Intelligent Key under the following
● When operating near a location where strong radio waves are transmitted, such as a TV tower, power station and broadcasting station.
● When in possession of wireless equipment, such as a cellular telephone, transceiver, and CB radio.
● When the Intelligent Key is in contact with or covered by metallic materials.
● When any type of radio wave remote control is used nearby.
● When the Intelligent Key is placed near an electric appliance such as a personal computer.
● When the vehicle is parked near a parking meter.
In such cases, correct the operating conditions before using the Intelligent Key function or use the mechanical key.
Although the life of the battery varies depending on the operating conditions, the battery’s life is approximately 2 years. If the battery is discharged, replace it with a new one.
When the Intelligent Key battery is low, an indicator illuminates in the Vehicle Information Display.
See “Vehicle Information Display” in the “Instruments and controls” section.
Since the Intelligent Key is continuously receiving radio waves, if the key is left near equipment which transmits strong radio waves, such as signals from a TV and personal computer, the battery life may become shorter.
For information regarding replacement of a battery, see “Battery replacement” in the “Maintenance and do-it-yourself” section.
As many as 4 Intelligent Keys can be registered and used with one vehicle. For information about the purchase and use of additional Intelligent Keys, contact a NISSAN dealer.
Listed below are conditions or occurrences
which will damage the Intelligent
● Do not allow the Intelligent Key, which contains electrical components, to come into contact with water or salt water. This could affect the system function.
● Do not drop the Intelligent Key.
● Do not strike the Intelligent Key sharply against another object.
● Do not change or modify the Intelligent Key.
● Wetting may damage the Intelligent Key. If the Intelligent Key gets wet, immediately wipe until it is completely dry.
● Do not place the Intelligent Key for an extended period in an area where temperatures exceed 140°F (60°C).
● Do not attach the Intelligent Key with a key holder that contains a magnet.
● Do not place the Intelligent Key near equipment that produces a magnetic field, such as a TV, audio equipment and personal computers.
If an Intelligent Key is lost or stolen, NISSAN recommends erasing the ID code of that Intelligent Key from the vehicle. This may prevent the unauthorized use of the Intelligent Key to operate the vehicle. For information regarding the erasing procedure, contact a NISSAN dealer.
Inspection OIL LEVEL NOTE: â€¢ Before starting the engine, check the oil level. If the engine is already started, stop it and allow 10 minutes before checking. â€¢ Check that the oil level is within the range as indicated on the dipstick. â€¢ If it is out of range, add oil as necessary. Re ...
B2192, P1611 ID discord, IMMU-ECM
Description BCM performs the ID verification with ECM that allows the engine to start. Start the engine if the ID is OK. ECM prevents the engine from starting if the ID is not registered. BCM starts the communication with ECM if ignition switch is turned ON. DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC ...
You can use voice commands to operate various Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System features using the NISSAN Voice Recognition system. For more details, see “NISSAN Voice Recognition System” in this section. Voice Prompt Interrupt While using the voice recognition system, the system voice can ...