Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Rapid air pressure loss
Rapid air pressure loss or a “blow-out” can occur if the tire is punctured or is damaged due to hitting a curb or pothole. Rapid air pressure loss can also be caused by driving on under-inflated tires.
Rapid air pressure loss can affect the handling and stability of the vehicle, especially at highway speeds.
Help prevent rapid air pressure loss by maintaining the correct air pressure and visually inspect the tires for wear and damage. See “Wheels and tires” in the “Maintenance and do-it-yourself” section of this manual. If a tire rapidly loses air pressure or “blows-out” while driving, maintain control of the vehicle by following the procedure below. Please note that this procedure is only a general guide. The vehicle must be driven as appropriate based on the conditions of the vehicle, road and traffic.
The following actions can increase the chance of losing control of the vehicle if there is a sudden loss of tire air pressure.
Losing control of the vehicle may cause a collision and result in personal injury.
● The vehicle generally moves or pulls in the direction of the flat tire.
● Do not rapidly apply the brakes.
● Do not rapidly release the accelerator pedal.
● Do not rapidly turn the steering wheel.
1. Remain calm and do not overreact.
2. Maintain a firm grip on the steering wheel with both hands and try to hold a straight course.
3. When appropriate, slowly release the accelerator pedal to gradually slow the vehicle.
4. Gradually steer the vehicle to a safe location off the road and away from traffic if possible.
5. Lightly apply the brake pedal to gradually stop the vehicle.
6. Turn on the hazard warning flashers and either contact a roadside emergency service to change the tire or see “Changing a flat tire” in the “In case of emergency” section of this manual.
P0031, P0032 A/F Sensor 1 heater
Description SYSTEM DESCRIPTION The ECM performs ON/OFF duty control of the A/F sensor 1 heater corresponding to the engine operating condition to keep the temperature of A/F sensor 1 element at the specified range. DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE 1.PRECONDITI ...
P0031, P0032, P0051, P0052 A/F sensor 1
Description SYSTEM DESCRIPTION The ECM performs ON/OFF duty control of the A/F sensor 1 heater corresponding to the engine operating condition to keep the temperature of A/F sensor 1 element within the specified range. DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE 1.PRECO ...
TCM branch line circuit
Diagnosis Procedure INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CHECK CONNECTOR 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal. 3. Check the following terminals and connectors for damage, bend and loose connection (unit side and connector side). - TCM - Harnes ...