Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Towing recommended by NISSAN
NISSAN recommends that your vehicle be towed with the driving (front) wheels off the ground or place the vehicle on a flat bed truck as illustrated.
● Never tow Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) models with the front wheels on the ground or four wheels on the ground (forward or backward), as this may cause serious and expensive damage to the transmission. If it is necessary to tow the vehicle with the rear wheels raised always use towing dollies under the front wheels.
● When towing Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) models with the front wheels on towing dollies: – Place the ignition switch in the OFF position, and secure the steering wheel in a straight-ahead position with a rope or similar device.
– Move the shift lever to the N (Neutral) position.
● When towing Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) models with the rear wheels on the ground (if you do not use towing dollies): Always release the parking brake.
Push-button ignition switch positions
LOCK (Normal parking position): The ignition switch can only be locked in this position. The ignition switch will be unlocked when it is pushed to the ACC position while carrying the Intelligent Key. The ignition switch will lock when any door is opened or closed with the ignition switche ...
Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) AIR BA G and SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER The Supplemental Restraint System such as вЂњAIR BAGвЂќ and вЂњSEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONERвЂќ, used along with a front seat belt, helps to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the driver and front passenger for certain ...
● The GVW must not exceed GVWR or GAWR as specified on the F.M.V.S.S./C.M.V.S.S. certification label. ● Do not load the front and rear axle to the GAWR. Doing so will exceed the GVWR. WARNING ● Properly secure all cargo with ropes or straps to help prevent it from sliding ...