Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Vehicle recovery (freeing a stuck vehicle)
Pulling a stuck vehicle
To avoid vehicle damage, serious personal injury or death when recovering a stuck vehicle:
● Contact a professional towing service to recover the vehicle if you have any questions regarding the recovery procedure.
● Do not use the vehicle tie-downs to tow or free a stuck vehicle.
● Only use devices specifically designed for vehicle recovery and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
● Always pull the recovery device straight out from the front of the vehicle. Never pull at an angle.
● Route recovery devices so they do not touch any part of the vehicle except the attachment point.
If your vehicle is stuck in sand, snow, mud, etc., use a tow strap or other device designed specifically for vehicle recovery. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the recovery device.
Do not use the tie-down hooks for towing or vehicle recovery.
Rocking a stuck vehicle
● Stand clear of a stuck vehicle.
● Do not spin your tires at high speed.
This could cause them to explode and result in serious injury. Parts of your vehicle could also overheat and be damaged.
If your vehicle is stuck in sand, snow, mud, etc., use the following procedure:
1. Turn off the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) system.
2. Make sure the area in front and behind the vehicle is clear of obstructions.
3. Turn the steering wheel right and left to clear an area around the front tires.
4. Slowly rock the vehicle forward and backward.
● Shift back and forth between R (Reverse) and D (Drive).
● Apply the accelerator as little as possible to maintain the rocking motion.
● Release the accelerator pedal before shifting between R (Reverse) and D (Drive).
● Do not spin the tires above 35 MPH (55 km/h).
5. If the vehicle cannot be freed after a few tries, contact a professional towing service to remove the vehicle.
P0850 PNP Switch
Description When the selector lever position is P or N, park/neutral position (PNP) signal from the TCM is sent to ECM (CVT models). When the selector lever position is Neutral position, park/neutral position (PNP) switch is ON. ECM detects the position because the continuity of the line ( ...
STRG branch line circuit
Diagnosis Procedure INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CHECK CONNECTOR 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal. 3. Check the terminals and connectors of the steering angle sensor for damage, bend and loose connection (unit side and connector side). ...
How to adjust the screen (if so equipped)
settings, press the SETTING button while the RearView Monitor screen is displayed. Each time the SETTING button is pressed, the next setting item is selected. Turn the TUNE·SCROLL/TUNE·FOLDER control knob to adjust each item. Available setting items: ● Brightness ● Contrast ` ...