Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Vehicle recovery (freeing a stuck vehicle)
Pulling a stuck vehicle
To avoid vehicle damage, serious personal injury or death when recovering a stuck vehicle:
● Contact a professional towing service to recover the vehicle if you have any questions regarding the recovery procedure.
● Do not use the vehicle tie-downs to tow or free a stuck vehicle.
● Only use devices specifically designed for vehicle recovery and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
● Always pull the recovery device straight out from the front of the vehicle. Never pull at an angle.
● Route recovery devices so they do not touch any part of the vehicle except the attachment point.
If your vehicle is stuck in sand, snow, mud, etc., use a tow strap or other device designed specifically for vehicle recovery. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the recovery device.
Do not use the tie-down hooks for towing or vehicle recovery.
Rocking a stuck vehicle
● Stand clear of a stuck vehicle.
● Do not spin your tires at high speed.
This could cause them to explode and result in serious injury. Parts of your vehicle could also overheat and be damaged.
If your vehicle is stuck in sand, snow, mud, etc., use the following procedure:
1. Turn off the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) system.
2. Make sure the area in front and behind the vehicle is clear of obstructions.
3. Turn the steering wheel right and left to clear an area around the front tires.
4. Slowly rock the vehicle forward and backward.
● Shift back and forth between R (Reverse) and D (Drive).
● Apply the accelerator as little as possible to maintain the rocking motion.
● Release the accelerator pedal before shifting between R (Reverse) and D (Drive).
● Do not spin the tires above 35 MPH (55 km/h).
5. If the vehicle cannot be freed after a few tries, contact a professional towing service to remove the vehicle.
Air cleaner filter
Removal and Installation 1. Air duct hose 2. Duct sub-cover 3. Front air duct 4. Air cleaner case (lower) 5. Grommets 6. Air cleaner case mounting bracket 7. Bracket 8. Air cleaner filter 9. Air cleaner case (upper) 10. Mass air flow sensor A. To electric throttle control actuator B. A ...
Can communication circuit
Diagnosis Procedure INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CONNECTOR INSPECTION 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal. 3. Disconnect all the unit connectors on CAN communication system. 4. Check terminals and connectors for damage, bend and loose con ...
Trunk room trim & trunk lid finisher
Exploded View TRUNK ROOM TRIM 1. Trunk lid finisher 2. Trunk lid rubber bumper 3. Trunk net rear 4. Trunk rear finisher 5. Trunk side finisher (RH) 6. Trunk floor carpet 7. Spare tire cover 8. Trunk floor board (LH) 9. Trunk side finisher (LH) 10. Trunk net side A. Clip C205 B. Clip - ...