Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Vehicle recovery (freeing a stuck vehicle)
Pulling a stuck vehicle
To avoid vehicle damage, serious personal injury or death when recovering a stuck vehicle:
● Contact a professional towing service to recover the vehicle if you have any questions regarding the recovery procedure.
● Do not use the vehicle tie-downs to tow or free a stuck vehicle.
● Only use devices specifically designed for vehicle recovery and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
● Always pull the recovery device straight out from the front of the vehicle. Never pull at an angle.
● Route recovery devices so they do not touch any part of the vehicle except the attachment point.
If your vehicle is stuck in sand, snow, mud, etc., use a tow strap or other device designed specifically for vehicle recovery. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the recovery device.
Do not use the tie-down hooks for towing or vehicle recovery.
Rocking a stuck vehicle
● Stand clear of a stuck vehicle.
● Do not spin your tires at high speed.
This could cause them to explode and result in serious injury. Parts of your vehicle could also overheat and be damaged.
If your vehicle is stuck in sand, snow, mud, etc., use the following procedure:
1. Turn off the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) system.
2. Make sure the area in front and behind the vehicle is clear of obstructions.
3. Turn the steering wheel right and left to clear an area around the front tires.
4. Slowly rock the vehicle forward and backward.
● Shift back and forth between R (Reverse) and D (Drive).
● Apply the accelerator as little as possible to maintain the rocking motion.
● Release the accelerator pedal before shifting between R (Reverse) and D (Drive).
● Do not spin the tires above 35 MPH (55 km/h).
5. If the vehicle cannot be freed after a few tries, contact a professional towing service to remove the vehicle.
P0868 secondary pressure down
Description The pressure control solenoid valve B (secondary pressure solenoid valve) regulates the secondary pressure to suit the driving condition in response to a signal sent from the TCM. DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE CAUTION: Always drive vehicle at a safe ...
P2100, P2103 throttle control motor
Description Power supply for the throttle control motor is provided to the ECM via throttle control motor relay. The throttle control motor relay is ON/OFF controlled by the ECM. When the ignition switch is turned ON, the ECM sends an ON signal to throttle control motor relay and battery vol ...
Steering switch (sedan)
Description When one of the steering wheel audio control switches is pushed, the resistance in steering switch circuit changes depending on which button is pushed. Diagnosis Procedure WITH BLUETOOTH 1.CHECK HARNESS 1. Turn ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect Bluetooth control unit connect ...