Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Exhaust gas (carbon monoxide)
● Do not breathe exhaust gases; they contain colorless and odorless carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is dangerous.
It can cause unconsciousness or death.
● If you suspect that exhaust fumes are entering the vehicle, drive with all windows fully open, and have the vehicle inspected immediately.
● Do not run the engine in closed spaces such as a garage.
● Do not park the vehicle with the engine running for any extended length of time.
● Keep the rear vent windows, lift gates,
doors and trunk lids (if so equipped)
closed while driving, otherwise exhaust
gases could be drawn into the passenger
compartment. If you must drive with
one of these open, follow these
1. Open all the windows.
2. Set the air recirculation
button to off and the fan control dial to high to circulate the air.
● If electrical wiring or other cable connections must pass to a trailer through the seal on the trunk lid or the body, follow the manufacturer’s recommendation to prevent carbon monoxide entry into the vehicle.
● The exhaust system and body should be
inspected by a qualified mechanic
a. The vehicle is raised for service.
b. You suspect that exhaust fumes are entering into the passenger compartment.
c. You notice a change in the sound of the exhaust system.
d. You have had an accident involving damage to the exhaust system, underbody, or rear of the vehicle.
Description VIN Registration is an operation to register VIN in ECM. It must be performed each time ECM is replaced. NOTE: Accurate VIN which is registered in ECM may be required for Inspection & Maintenance (I/M). Special Repair Requirement 1.CHECK VIN Check the VIN of ...
Precaution for Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) "AIR BAG" and "SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER" The Supplemental Restraint System such as вЂњAIR BAGвЂќ and вЂњSEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONERвЂќ, used along with a front seat belt, helps to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the dr ...
While using the Voice Recognition system, it is possible to select menu options by using the steering wheel controls instead of speaking voice commands. To activate manual control mode, press the PHONE/SEND ( ) button on the steering wheel to access the phone menu and then press either up or ...