Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Exhaust gas (carbon monoxide)
● Do not breathe exhaust gases; they contain colorless and odorless carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is dangerous.
It can cause unconsciousness or death.
● If you suspect that exhaust fumes are entering the vehicle, drive with all windows fully open, and have the vehicle inspected immediately.
● Do not run the engine in closed spaces such as a garage.
● Do not park the vehicle with the engine running for any extended length of time.
● Keep the rear vent windows, lift gates,
doors and trunk lids (if so equipped)
closed while driving, otherwise exhaust
gases could be drawn into the passenger
compartment. If you must drive with
one of these open, follow these
1. Open all the windows.
2. Set the air recirculation
button to off and the fan control dial to high to circulate the air.
● If electrical wiring or other cable connections must pass to a trailer through the seal on the trunk lid or the body, follow the manufacturer’s recommendation to prevent carbon monoxide entry into the vehicle.
● The exhaust system and body should be
inspected by a qualified mechanic
a. The vehicle is raised for service.
b. You suspect that exhaust fumes are entering into the passenger compartment.
c. You notice a change in the sound of the exhaust system.
d. You have had an accident involving damage to the exhaust system, underbody, or rear of the vehicle.
Rear view camera
Removal and Installation REMOVAL 1. Remove the license plate finisher. Refer to EXT-23, "Removal and Installation" (coupe) and EXT-46, "Removal and Installation" (sedan). 2. Remove trunk lid finisher. Refer to INT-22, "Exploded View". 3. Remove the rear view ...
Description The ECM consists of a microcomputer and connectors for signal input and output and for power supply. The ECM controls the engine. DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE 1.PRECONDITIONING If DTC Confirmation Procedure has been previously conducted, always tur ...
POWER WINDOW MAIN SWITCH Removal and Installation REMOVAL 1. Remove the power window main switch finisher (2). Refer to INT-12, "Removal and Installation". 2. Power window main switch (1) is removed from power window main switch finisher (2) using a suitable tool (A). CAUTION: ...