Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Exhaust gas (carbon monoxide)
● Do not breathe exhaust gases; they contain colorless and odorless carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is dangerous.
It can cause unconsciousness or death.
● If you suspect that exhaust fumes are entering the vehicle, drive with all windows fully open, and have the vehicle inspected immediately.
● Do not run the engine in closed spaces such as a garage.
● Do not park the vehicle with the engine running for any extended length of time.
● Keep the rear vent windows, lift gates,
doors and trunk lids (if so equipped)
closed while driving, otherwise exhaust
gases could be drawn into the passenger
compartment. If you must drive with
one of these open, follow these
1. Open all the windows.
2. Set the air recirculation
button to off and the fan control dial to high to circulate the air.
● If electrical wiring or other cable connections must pass to a trailer through the seal on the trunk lid or the body, follow the manufacturer’s recommendation to prevent carbon monoxide entry into the vehicle.
● The exhaust system and body should be
inspected by a qualified mechanic
a. The vehicle is raised for service.
b. You suspect that exhaust fumes are entering into the passenger compartment.
c. You notice a change in the sound of the exhaust system.
d. You have had an accident involving damage to the exhaust system, underbody, or rear of the vehicle.
Removal and Installation 1. Cylinder head 2. Cylinder head gasket 3. Cylinder head bolt A. Follow installation procedure REMOVAL 1. Remove the engine and transaxle assembly. Refer to EM-72, "Removal and Installation". 2. Remove the timing chain. Refer to EM-52, "Removal ...
WARNING ● Be sure the parking brake is fully released before driving. Failure to do so can cause brake failure and lead to an accident. ● Do not release the parking brake from outside the vehicle. ● Do not use the shift lever in place of the parking brake. When parking, be ...
Removal and Installation 1. Front grille 2. Bumper fascia FRONT GRILLE Removal 1. Remove the front grille clips. 2. Release the grille tabs from the front bumper fascia, then remove the front grille. Installation Installation is in the reverse order of removal. ...