Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Three-way catalyst
The three-way catalyst is an emission control device installed in the exhaust system. Exhaust gases in the three-way catalyst are burned at high temperatures to help reduce pollutants.
● The exhaust gas and the exhaust system are very hot. Keep people, animals or flammable materials away from the exhaust system components.
● Do not stop or park the vehicle over flammable materials such as dry grass, waste paper or rags. They may ignite and cause a fire.
● Do not use leaded gasoline. Deposits from leaded gasoline will seriously reduce the three-way catalyst’s ability to help reduce exhaust pollutants.
● Keep your engine tuned up. Malfunctions in the ignition, fuel injection, or electrical systems can cause overrich fuel flow into the three-way catalyst, causing it to overheat. Do not keep driving if the engine misfires, or if noticeable loss of performance or other unusual operating conditions are detected. Have the vehicle inspected promptly by a NISSAN dealer.
● Avoid driving with an extremely low fuel level. Running out of fuel could cause the engine to misfire, damaging the three-way catalyst.
● Do not race the engine while warming it up.
● Do not push or tow your vehicle to start the engine.
Removal and Installation 1. Ignition coil 2. Spark plug 3. Rocker cover REMOVAL 1. Remove the ignition coil. Refer to EM-35, "Removal and Installation". 2. Remove the spark plug with a suitable spark plug wrench. INSPECTION AFTER REMOVAL â€¢ Do not use a wir ...
B2109 steering lock relay
Description The steering lock relay ON signal is transmitted to IPDM E/R by BCM via CAN communication. IPDM E/R turns the steering lock relay ON and transmits the release of the steering to BCM. DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC NOTE: â€¢ If DTC B2109 is displayed with DTC U1000, first per ...
Main line between DLC And ABS Circuit
Diagnosis Procedure INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CHECK CONNECTOR 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal. 3. Check the following terminals and connectors for damage, bend and loose connection (connector side and harness side). - Harness co ...