Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Three-way catalyst
The three-way catalyst is an emission control device installed in the exhaust system. Exhaust gases in the three-way catalyst are burned at high temperatures to help reduce pollutants.
● The exhaust gas and the exhaust system are very hot. Keep people, animals or flammable materials away from the exhaust system components.
● Do not stop or park the vehicle over flammable materials such as dry grass, waste paper or rags. They may ignite and cause a fire.
● Do not use leaded gasoline. Deposits from leaded gasoline will seriously reduce the three-way catalyst’s ability to help reduce exhaust pollutants.
● Keep your engine tuned up. Malfunctions in the ignition, fuel injection, or electrical systems can cause overrich fuel flow into the three-way catalyst, causing it to overheat. Do not keep driving if the engine misfires, or if noticeable loss of performance or other unusual operating conditions are detected. Have the vehicle inspected promptly by a NISSAN dealer.
● Avoid driving with an extremely low fuel level. Running out of fuel could cause the engine to misfire, damaging the three-way catalyst.
● Do not race the engine while warming it up.
● Do not push or tow your vehicle to start the engine.
Can communication circuit
Diagnosis Procedure INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CONNECTOR INSPECTION 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal. 3. Disconnect all the unit connectors on CAN communication system. 4. Check terminals and connectors for damage, bend and loose con ...
Xenon headlights (if so equipped)
WARNING HIGH VOLTAGE ● When xenon headlights are on, they produce a high voltage. To prevent an electric shock, never attempt to modify or disassemble. Always have your xenon headlights replaced at a NISSAN dealer. ● Xenon headlights provide considerably more light than conventi ...
P0132 A/F Sensor 1
Description The air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1 is a planar one-cell limit current sensor. The sensor element of the A/F sensor 1 is composed an electrode layer, which transports ions. It has a heater in the element. The sensor is capable of precise measurement = 1, but also in the lean and ...