Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Passenger compartment
If the electrical equipment does not operate and fuses are in good condition, check the fusible links. If any of these fusible links are melted, replace with only Genuine NISSAN parts.
Never use a fuse of a higher or lower amperage rating than specified on the fuse box cover. This could damage the electrical system or cause a fire.
If any electrical equipment does not operate, check for an open fuse.
1. Be sure the ignition switch and the headlight switch are OFF.
2. Pull the fuse box cover to remove.
3. Remove the fuse with the fuse puller.
4. If the fuse is open A , replace it with an equivalent good fuse B .
5. Push the fuse box cover to install.
6. If a new fuse also opens, have the electrical system checked and repaired by a NISSAN dealer.
Extended storage switch
If any electrical equipment does not operate, remove the extended storage switch and check for an open fuse.
The extended storage switch is used for long term vehicle storage. Even if the extended storage switch is broken it is not necessary to replace it. Replace only the open fuse in the switch with a new fuse.
How to replace the extended storage switch:
1. To remove the extended storage switch, be sure the ignition switch is in the OFF or LOCK position.
2. Be sure the headlight switch is in the OFF position.
3. Remove the fuse box cover.
4. Pinch the locking tabs 1 found on each side of the storage switch.
5. Pull the storage switch straight out from the fuse box 2 .
Removal and Installation 1. Radiator 2. CVT oil cooler hose (if equipped) 3. Radiator hose (upper) 4. Radiator hose (lower) 5. Cooling fan 6. Reservoir tank 7. Reservoir hose 8. Radiator filler cap 9. Clamps A. To CVT (if equipped) B. To water outlet C. To water inlet WARNING: Never ...
Audio system (sedan)
System Diagram System Description AUDIO SYSTEM The audio system consists of the following components â€¢ Audio unit â€¢ Window antenna â€¢ Steering wheel audio control switches â€¢ Front door speakers â€¢ Tweeters â€¢ Rear speakers When the audio system is on, radio signals are received ...
Can communication circuit
Diagnosis Procedure INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CONNECTOR INSPECTION 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal. 3. Disconnect all the unit connectors on CAN communication system. 4. Check terminals and connectors for damage, bend and loose con ...