Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Passenger compartment
If the electrical equipment does not operate and fuses are in good condition, check the fusible links. If any of these fusible links are melted, replace with only Genuine NISSAN parts.
Never use a fuse of a higher or lower amperage rating than specified on the fuse box cover. This could damage the electrical system or cause a fire.
If any electrical equipment does not operate, check for an open fuse.
1. Be sure the ignition switch and the headlight switch are OFF.
2. Pull the fuse box cover to remove.
3. Remove the fuse with the fuse puller.
4. If the fuse is open A , replace it with an equivalent good fuse B .
5. Push the fuse box cover to install.
6. If a new fuse also opens, have the electrical system checked and repaired by a NISSAN dealer.
Extended storage switch
If any electrical equipment does not operate, remove the extended storage switch and check for an open fuse.
The extended storage switch is used for long term vehicle storage. Even if the extended storage switch is broken it is not necessary to replace it. Replace only the open fuse in the switch with a new fuse.
How to replace the extended storage switch:
1. To remove the extended storage switch, be sure the ignition switch is in the OFF or LOCK position.
2. Be sure the headlight switch is in the OFF position.
3. Remove the fuse box cover.
4. Pinch the locking tabs 1 found on each side of the storage switch.
5. Pull the storage switch straight out from the fuse box 2 .
Automatic speed control device
System Diagram System Description INPUT/OUTPUT SIGNAL CHART *: This signal is sent to the ECM through CAN communication line BASIC ASCD SYSTEM Refer to Owner's Manual for ASCD operating instructions. Automatic Speed Control Device (ASCD) allows a driver to keep vehicle at predetermin ...
P2A00 A/F Sensor 1
Description The air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1 is a planar one-cell limit current sensor. The sensor element of the A/F sensor 1 is composed an electrode layer, which transports ions. It has a heater in the element. The sensor is capable of precise measurement = 1, but also in the lean and ...
Description The fuel injector is a small, precise solenoid valve. When the ECM supplies a ground to the fuel injector circuit, the coil in the fuel injector is energized. The energized coil pulls the ball valve back and allows fuel to flow through the fuel injector into the intake manifold. ...