Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Passenger compartment
If the electrical equipment does not operate and fuses are in good condition, check the fusible links. If any of these fusible links are melted, replace with only Genuine NISSAN parts.
Never use a fuse of a higher or lower amperage rating than specified on the fuse box cover. This could damage the electrical system or cause a fire.
If any electrical equipment does not operate, check for an open fuse.
1. Be sure the ignition switch and the headlight switch are OFF.
2. Pull the fuse box cover to remove.
3. Remove the fuse with the fuse puller.
4. If the fuse is open A , replace it with an equivalent good fuse B .
5. Push the fuse box cover to install.
6. If a new fuse also opens, have the electrical system checked and repaired by a NISSAN dealer.
Extended storage switch
If any electrical equipment does not operate, remove the extended storage switch and check for an open fuse.
The extended storage switch is used for long term vehicle storage. Even if the extended storage switch is broken it is not necessary to replace it. Replace only the open fuse in the switch with a new fuse.
How to replace the extended storage switch:
1. To remove the extended storage switch, be sure the ignition switch is in the OFF or LOCK position.
2. Be sure the headlight switch is in the OFF position.
3. Remove the fuse box cover.
4. Pinch the locking tabs 1 found on each side of the storage switch.
5. Pull the storage switch straight out from the fuse box 2 .
P0420 three way catalyst function
DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC The ECM monitors the switching frequency ratio of air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1 and heated oxygen sensor 2. A three way catalyst (manifold) with high oxygen storage capacity will indicate a low switching frequency of heated oxygen sensor 2. As oxygen storage ...
BCM (Body control module)
Reference Value VALUES ON THE DIAGNOSIS TOOL Terminal Layout Physical Values 1: Sedan only 2: With LH front window anti-pinch 3: With LH and RH front window anti-pinch 4: With Intelligent Key 5: Without Intelligent Key ...
Precaution for Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) "AIR BAG" and "SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER" The Supplemental Restraint System such as вЂњAIR BAGвЂќ and вЂњSEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONERвЂќ, used along with a front seat belt, helps to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the dr ...