Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Using the system
When the ignition switch is in the ON position,
NISSAN Voice Recognition is initialized, which
takes a few seconds. When completed, the system
is ready to accept voice commands. If
the button is pressed before the
initialization completes, the system will announce: “Voice Recognition System not ready. Please wait.”
Giving voice commands
1. Press the button.
2. The system announces: “Please say a category like phone or a command like points of interest followed by a brand name”. A list of available commands is then spoken by the system.
3. After the tone sounds and the face icon on the display changes, speak a command.
Available commands are discussed later in this section.
4. Voice and display feedback are provided when the command is accepted.
● If the command is not recognized, the system announces: “Command not recognized”. Repeat the command in a clear voice.
● If you want to cancel the command or go
back to the previous menu of commands,
press the button. The system will
announce: “Cancelling voice recognition” or “Go back” depending on the current menu level.
● Press the button to move back
through the menus displayed on the screen.
● If you want to adjust the volume of the voice feedback, use the volume control switches on the steering wheel or the volume knob on the control panel.
● The voice command screen can also be accessed using the control panel display:
1. Press the [ ] button.
2. Select the “Voice Commands” key.
To get the best performance out of NISSAN Voice Recognition, observe the following:
● Keep the interior of the vehicle as quiet as possible. Close the windows to eliminate the surrounding noises (traffic noises, vibration sounds, etc.), which may prevent the system from recognizing the voice commands correctly.
● Wait until a tone sounds before speaking a command. Otherwise, the command will not be received properly.
● Start speaking a command within 3.5 seconds after the tone sounds.
● Speak in a natural voice without pausing between words.
Engine control system
System Diagram System Description ECM performs various controls such as fuel injection control and ignition timing control. Component Parts Location 1. Intake valve timing control solenoid valve 2. Ignition coil (with power transistor) and spark plug 3. Knock sensor, Crankshaft posi ...
Diagnosis Procedure 1.CHECK KEY SLOT POWER SUPPLY CIRCUI 1. Turn ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect key slot connector. 3. Check voltage between slot connector and ground. Is the inspection result normal? YES >> GO TO 2 NO >> Repair or replace key slot power supply circuit ...
TCM branch line circuit
Diagnosis Procedure INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CHECK CONNECTOR 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal. 3. Check the following terminals and connectors for damage, bend and loose connection (unit side and connector side). - TCM - Harnes ...