Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Using the system
When the ignition switch is in the ON position,
NISSAN Voice Recognition is initialized, which
takes a few seconds. When completed, the system
is ready to accept voice commands. If
the button is pressed before the
initialization completes, the system will announce: “Voice Recognition System not ready. Please wait.”
Giving voice commands
1. Press the button.
2. The system announces: “Please say a category like phone or a command like points of interest followed by a brand name”. A list of available commands is then spoken by the system.
3. After the tone sounds and the face icon on the display changes, speak a command.
Available commands are discussed later in this section.
4. Voice and display feedback are provided when the command is accepted.
● If the command is not recognized, the system announces: “Command not recognized”. Repeat the command in a clear voice.
● If you want to cancel the command or go
back to the previous menu of commands,
press the button. The system will
announce: “Cancelling voice recognition” or “Go back” depending on the current menu level.
● Press the button to move back
through the menus displayed on the screen.
● If you want to adjust the volume of the voice feedback, use the volume control switches on the steering wheel or the volume knob on the control panel.
● The voice command screen can also be accessed using the control panel display:
1. Press the [ ] button.
2. Select the “Voice Commands” key.
To get the best performance out of NISSAN Voice Recognition, observe the following:
● Keep the interior of the vehicle as quiet as possible. Close the windows to eliminate the surrounding noises (traffic noises, vibration sounds, etc.), which may prevent the system from recognizing the voice commands correctly.
● Wait until a tone sounds before speaking a command. Otherwise, the command will not be received properly.
● Start speaking a command within 3.5 seconds after the tone sounds.
● Speak in a natural voice without pausing between words.
Precaution for Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) "AIR BAG" and "SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER" The Supplemental Restraint System such as â€śAIR BAGâ€ť and â€śSEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONERâ€ť, used along with a front seat belt, helps to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the dr ...
B2099 ignition relay off stuck
Description â€˘ IPDM E/R operates the ignition relay when it receives an ignition switch ON signal from BCM via CAN communication. â€˘ Turn the ignition relay OFF by pressing the push-button ignition switch once when the vehicle speed is 4 km/ h (2.5 MPH) or less. â€˘ Turn the ignition ...
Refrigerant pressure sensor
Description The refrigerant pressure sensor is installed at the condenser of the air conditioner system. The sensor uses an electrostatic volume pressure transducer to convert refrigerant pressure to voltage. The voltage signal is sent to ECM, and ECM controls cooling fan system. Component ...