Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Voice Adaptation (VA) mode
Voice Adaptation allows up to two out-of-dialect users to train the system to improve recognition accuracy. By repeating a number of commands, the users can create a voice model of their own voice that is stored in the system. The system is capable of storing a different voice adaptation model for each connected phone.
The procedure for training a voice is as follows.
1. Position the vehicle in a reasonably quiet outdoor location.
2. Sit in the driver’s seat with the engine running, the parking brake on, and the transmission in P (Park).
3. Press and hold the button for
more than 5 seconds.
4. The system announces: “Press the
PHONE/SEND ( ) button for the
hands-free phone system to enter the voice adaptation mode or press the PHONE/END ( ) button to select a different
5. Press the button.
For information on selecting a different language, see “Choosing a language” in this section.
6. Voice memory A or memory B is selected automatically. If both memory locations are already in use, the system will prompt you to overwrite one. Follow the instructions provided by the system.
7. When preparation is complete and you are
ready to begin, press the
8. The VA mode will be explained. Follow the instructions provided by the system.
9. When training is finished, the system will tell you an adequate number of phrases have been recorded.
10. The system will announce that voice adaptation has been completed and the system is ready.
The VA mode will stop if:
● The button is pressed for
more than 5 seconds in VA mode.
● The vehicle begins moving during VA mode.
● The ignition switch is placed in the OFF or LOCK position.
During the VA mode, the system instructs the trainer to say the following phrases. (The system will prompt you for each phrase.)
● phonebook transfer entry
● dial three oh four two nine
● delete call back number
● transfer entry
● eight pause nine three two pause seven ● delete all entries ● call seven two four zero nine ● phonebook delete entry ● next entry
● dial star two one seven oh ● yes
● dial eight five six nine two ● Bluetooth on
● call three one nine oh two ● nine seven pause pause three oh eight ● cancel
● call back number ● call star two zero nine five ● delete phone
● dial eight three zero five one ● record name
● four three pause two nine pause zero ● delete redial number ● phonebook list names ● call eight oh five four one ● correction
● connect phone
● dial seven four oh one eight ● previous entry
● dial nine seven two six six ● call seven six three oh one ● go back
● call five six two eight zero ● dial six six four three seven
BATTERY Removal and Installation REMOVAL 1. Remove air duct (front). Refer to EM-25, "Removal and Installation" QR25DE models, EM-129, "Removal and Installation" VQ35DE models. 2. Loosen battery terminal nuts, and disconnect both battery terminals. CAUTION: When disc ...
Oil pan and oil strainer
Removal and Installation 1. Oil pan baffle 2. O-ring 3. Gasket 4. Oil pressure switch 5. Oil cooler gasket 6. Oil cooler 7. Oil cooler connection 8. Oil filter 9. Lower oil pan 10. Oil strainer 11. Rear plate cover 12. Upper oil pan REMOVAL WARNING: â€¢ You should not remove the oil ...
Description SYSTEM DESCRIPTION Component Parts Fan speed control system components are: â€¢ Front air control â€¢ A/C LAN system (PBR built-in mode door motor, air mix door motor and intake door motor) System Operation Component Function Check INSPECTION FLOW 1. CONFIRM SYMPTOM BY PERF ...