Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Voice Adaptation (VA) mode
Voice Adaptation allows up to two out-of-dialect users to train the system to improve recognition accuracy. By repeating a number of commands, the users can create a voice model of their own voice that is stored in the system. The system is capable of storing a different voice adaptation model for each connected phone.
The procedure for training a voice is as follows.
1. Position the vehicle in a reasonably quiet outdoor location.
2. Sit in the driverĺs seat with the engine running, the parking brake on, and the transmission in P (Park).
3. Press and hold the button for
more than 5 seconds.
4. The system announces: ôPress the
PHONE/SEND ( ) button for the
hands-free phone system to enter the voice adaptation mode or press the PHONE/END ( ) button to select a different
5. Press the button.
For information on selecting a different language, see ôChoosing a languageö in this section.
6. Voice memory A or memory B is selected automatically. If both memory locations are already in use, the system will prompt you to overwrite one. Follow the instructions provided by the system.
7. When preparation is complete and you are
ready to begin, press the
8. The VA mode will be explained. Follow the instructions provided by the system.
9. When training is finished, the system will tell you an adequate number of phrases have been recorded.
10. The system will announce that voice adaptation has been completed and the system is ready.
The VA mode will stop if:
● The button is pressed for
more than 5 seconds in VA mode.
● The vehicle begins moving during VA mode.
● The ignition switch is placed in the OFF or LOCK position.
During the VA mode, the system instructs the trainer to say the following phrases. (The system will prompt you for each phrase.)
● phonebook transfer entry
● dial three oh four two nine
● delete call back number
● transfer entry
● eight pause nine three two pause seven ● delete all entries ● call seven two four zero nine ● phonebook delete entry ● next entry
● dial star two one seven oh ● yes
● dial eight five six nine two ● Bluetooth on
● call three one nine oh two ● nine seven pause pause three oh eight ● cancel
● call back number ● call star two zero nine five ● delete phone
● dial eight three zero five one ● record name
● four three pause two nine pause zero ● delete redial number ● phonebook list names ● call eight oh five four one ● correction
● connect phone
● dial seven four oh one eight ● previous entry
● dial nine seven two six six ● call seven six three oh one ● go back
● call five six two eight zero ● dial six six four three seven
None of the power windows can be
operated using any switch
Diagnosis Procedure 1. CHECK BCM POWER SUPPLY AND GROUND CIRCUIT Check BCM power supply and ground circuit. Refer to BCS-42, "Diagnosis Procedure". Is the inspection result normal? YES >> GO TO 2 NO >> Repair or replace the malfunctioning parts. 2. CHECK MAIN POWER W ...
Inspection CHECKING CVT FLUID Fluid level should be checked with the fluid warmed up to 50 to 80┬░C (122 to 176┬░F). The fluid level check procedure is as follows: 1. Check for fluid leakage. 2. With the engine warmed up, drive the vehicle in an urban area. When ambient temperature is 20 ...
Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) "AIR BAG" and "SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER" The Supplemental Restraint System such as ÔÇťAIR BAGÔÇŁ and ÔÇťSEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONERÔÇŁ, used along with a front seat belt, helps to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the driver and front ...