Nissan Altima Owners Manual: RearView Monitor (if so equipped)
When the shift lever is shifted into the R (Reverse) position, the monitor display shows the view to the rear of the vehicle.
The system is designed as an aid to the driver in detecting large stationary objects to help avoid damaging the vehicle. The system will not detect small objects below the bumper and may not detect objects close to the bumper or on the ground.
● The rear view camera is a convenience but it is not a substitute for proper backing up. Always turn and check that it is safe to do so before backing up. Always back up slowly.
● Objects viewed in the RearView Monitor differ from actual distance because a wide-angle lens is used. Objects in the RearView Monitor will appear visually opposite than when viewed in the rear view and outside mirrors.
● Make sure that the trunk is securely closed when backing up.
● Underneath the bumper and the corner areas of the bumper cannot be viewed on the RearView Monitor because of its monitoring range limitation.
● Do not put anything on the rear view camera.
● When washing the vehicle with highpressure water, be sure not to spray it around the camera. Otherwise, water may enter the camera unit causing water condensation on the lens, a malfunction, fire or an electric shock.
● Do not strike the camera. It is a precision instrument. Otherwise, it may malfunction or cause damage resulting in a fire or an electric shock.
Do not scratch the camera lens when cleaning dirt or snow from the lens.
- How to read the displayed lines
- Difference between predicted and actual distances
- How to adjust the screen (if so equipped)
- Operating tips
NOISE, VIBRATION, AND HARSHNESS (NVH) TROUBLESHOOTING NVH Troubleshooting - Engine Noise Use the Chart Below to Help You Find the Cause of the Symptom 1. Locate the area where noise occurs. 2. Confirm the type of noise. 3. Specify the operating condition of engine. 4. Check specified ...
Electrical load signal
Description The electrical load signal (Headlamp switch signal, rear window defogger switch signal, etc.) is transferred through the CAN communication line. Component Function Check 1.CHECK REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER SWITCH FUNCTION 1. Turn ignition switch ON. 2. Connect CONSULT-III and select ...
Engine control system
System Diagram System Description ECM performs various controls such as fuel injection control and ignition timing control. Component Parts Location 1. Power valve actuator 1 2. Intake valve timing control solenoid valve (bank 1) 3. Power steering pressure sensor 4. Intake valve timi ...