Nissan Altima Owners Manual: RearView Monitor (if so equipped)
When the shift lever is shifted into the R (Reverse) position, the monitor display shows the view to the rear of the vehicle.
The system is designed as an aid to the driver in detecting large stationary objects to help avoid damaging the vehicle. The system will not detect small objects below the bumper and may not detect objects close to the bumper or on the ground.
● The rear view camera is a convenience but it is not a substitute for proper backing up. Always turn and check that it is safe to do so before backing up. Always back up slowly.
● Objects viewed in the RearView Monitor differ from actual distance because a wide-angle lens is used. Objects in the RearView Monitor will appear visually opposite than when viewed in the rear view and outside mirrors.
● Make sure that the trunk is securely closed when backing up.
● Underneath the bumper and the corner areas of the bumper cannot be viewed on the RearView Monitor because of its monitoring range limitation.
● Do not put anything on the rear view camera.
● When washing the vehicle with highpressure water, be sure not to spray it around the camera. Otherwise, water may enter the camera unit causing water condensation on the lens, a malfunction, fire or an electric shock.
● Do not strike the camera. It is a precision instrument. Otherwise, it may malfunction or cause damage resulting in a fire or an electric shock.
Do not scratch the camera lens when cleaning dirt or snow from the lens.
- How to read the displayed lines
- Difference between predicted and actual distances
- How to adjust the screen (if so equipped)
- Operating tips
Front seat head restraints/headrests
WARNING ● Head restraints/headrests supplement the other vehicle safety systems. They may provide additional protection against injury in certain rear end collisions. Adjust the head restraints/headrests properly, as specified in this section. Check the adjustment after someone else ...
IPDM E/R (Intelligent power distribution
module engine room)
Reference Value VALUES ON THE DIAGNOSIS TOOL TERMINAL LAYOUT PHYSICAL VALUES Wiring Diagram вЂ” Coupe Fail Safe CAN COMMUNICATION CONTROL When CAN communication with ECM and BCM is impossible, IPDM E/R performs fail-safe control. After CAN communication rec ...
DLC branch line circuit
Diagnosis Procedure INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1.CHECK CONNECTOR 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal. 3. Check the terminals and connectors of the data link connector for damage, bend and loose connection (connector side and harness side) ...