Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Moving Object Detection (MOD) (if so equipped)
The Moving Object Detection (MOD) system can inform the driver of moving objects behind the vehicle when backing out of garages, maneuvering in parking lots and in other such instances.
The MOD system detects moving objects by using image processing technology on the image shown in the display.
When the shift lever is in the R (Reverse) position and the vehicle speed is approximately 5 MPH (8 km/h) or less, theMODsystem detects moving objects in the rearview or rear-wide view. The MOD system will not operate if the trunk is open.
● The MOD system is not a substitute for proper vehicle operation and does not prevent contact with the objects surrounding the vehicle. When maneuvering, always use the outside mirror and rear view mirror and turn and look to check the surroundings to make sure it is safe to maneuver.
● The MOD system is not designed to detect surrounding stationary objects.
If the MOD system detects moving objects behind the vehicle, a yellow frame will be displayed on the camera image and a chime sounds.
Turning the MOD system on or off
The MOD system is turned on or off using the settings menu in the vehicle information display.
A blue MOD icon is displayed if the MOD is operative.
A gray MOD icon is displayed if the MOD is not operative.
1. Press the button until
“Settings” displays in the vehicle information display. Use the to select “Driver Assistance”.
Then press the ENTER button.
2. Select “Parking Aids”, and press the ENTER button.
3. To set the MOD system to on or off, use
the buttons to navigate in the menu
and use the ENTER button to select or change an item:
● To turn off the warning, use the ENTER button to check box for “Moving Object” If the MOD system is turned off, the MOD icon is not displayed.
● Do not use the MOD system when towing a trailer. The system may not function properly.
● Excessive noise (for example, audio system volume or open vehicle window) will interfere with the chime sound, and it may not be heard.
● The MOD system performance will be
limited according to environmental conditions
and surrounding objects such
– When there is low contrast between background and the moving objects.
– When there is blinking source of light.
– When strong light such as another vehicle’s headlight or sunlight is present.
– When there is dirt, water drops or snow on the camera lens.
– When the position of the moving objects in the display is not changed.
● The MOD system might detect something like flowing water droplets on the camera lens, white smoke from the muffler, moving shadows, etc.
● The MOD system may not function properly depending on the speed, direction, distance or shape of the moving objects.
● If your vehicle sustains damage to the parts where the camera is installed, leaving it misaligned or bent, the sensing zone may be altered and the MOD system may not detect objects properly.
When the yellow MOD icon is displayed in the view, the system is not functioning properly. This will not hinder normal driving operation but the system should be inspected by a NISSAN dealer.
If dirt, rain or snow accumulates on the camera, theMODsystem may not operate properly. Clean the camera.
Ground Distribution MAIN HARNESS ENGINE ROOM HARNESS FRONT END MODULE HARNESS ENGINE CONTROL HARNESS BODY HARNESS BODY NO. 2 HARNESS HARNESS Harness Layout HOW TO READ HARNESS LAYOUT The following Harness Layouts use a map style grid to help locate connectors on the drawi ...
Intelligent key system/engine
System Diagram System Description INPUT/OUTPUT SIGNAL CHART SYSTEM DESCRIPTION â€¢ The engine start function of Intelligent Key system is a system that makes it possible to start and stop the engine without removing the key. It verifies the electronic ID using two-way communications w ...
Removal and Installation 1. Camshaft position sensor bracket (RH) 2. Camshaft brackets 3. No. 1 camshaft bracket (RH) 4. Camshaft (EXH) RH 5. Camshaft (INT) RH 6. Cylinder head (RH) 7. Cylinder head (LH) 8. Camshaft (EXH) LH 9. Camshaft (INT) LH 10. No. 1 camshaft bracket (LH) 11. Cams ...