Nissan Altima Owners Manual: Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System without Navigation System (Type B) (if so equipped
● Use a phone after stopping your vehicle in a safe location. If you have to use a phone while driving, exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation.
● If you are unable to devote full attention to vehicle operation while talking on the phone, pull off the road to a safe location and stop your vehicle.
To avoid discharging the vehicle battery, use a phone after starting the engine.
Your NISSAN is equipped with the Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System. If you have a compatible Bluetooth® enabled cellular phone, you can set up the wireless connection between your cellular phone and the in-vehicle phone module.
With Bluetooth® wireless technology, you can make or receive a hands-free telephone call with your cellular phone in the vehicle.
Once your cellular phone is connected to the in-vehicle phone module, no other phone connecting procedure is required. Your phone is automatically connected with the in-vehicle phone module when the ignition switch is placed in the ON position with the previously connected cellular phone turned on and carried in the vehicle.
Some devices require the user to accept connections to other Bluetooth® devices. If your phone does not connect automatic ally to the system, consult the phone’s Owner’s Manual for details on device operation
You can connect up to 5 different Bluetooth® cellular phones to the in-vehicle phone module.
However, you can talk on only one cellular phone at a time.
Before using the Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System, refer to the following notes.
● Set up the wireless connection between a compatible cellular phone and the in-vehicle phone module before using the hands-free phone system.
● Some Bluetooth® enabled cellular phones may not be recognized or work properly.
Please visit www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth for a recommended phone list and connecting instructions.
● You will not be able to use a hands-free phone under the following conditions: – Your vehicle is outside of the cellular service area.
– Your vehicle is in an area where it is difficult to receive a cellular signal; such as in a tunnel, in an underground parking garage, near a tall building or in a mountainous area.
– Your cellular phone is locked to prevent it from being dialed.
● When the radio wave condition is not ideal or ambient sound is too loud, it may be difficult to hear the other person’s voice during a call.
● Do not place the cellular phone in an area surrounded by metal or far away from the in-vehicle phone module to prevent tone quality degradation and wireless connection disruption.
● While a cellular phone is connected through the Bluetooth® wireless connection, the battery power of the cellular phone may discharge quicker than usual. The Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System cannot charge cellular phones.
● If the hands-free phone system seems to be malfunctioning, see “Troubleshooting guide” in this section. You can also visit www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth for troubleshooting help.
● Some cellular phones or other devices may cause interference or a buzzing noise to come from the audio system speakers. Storing the device in a different location may reduce or eliminate the noise.
● Refer to the cellular phone Owner’s Manual regarding the telephone charges, cellular phone antenna and body, etc.
- Regulatory Information
- Using the system
- Control buttons
- Connecting procedure
- Voice commands
- Making a call
- Receiving a call
- During a call
- Ending a call
- Text messaging
- Bluetooth® settings
- Manual control
Service data and specifications
Steering Wheel Steering Angle Steering Column STEERING COLUMN LENGTH TILT MECHANISM OPERATING RANGE Steering Gear STEERING OUTER SOCKET AND INNER SOCKET RACK STROKE Oil Pump Steering Fluid ...
Auto operation does not operate but manual operates normally
Diagnosis Procedure 1. PERFORM INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE Perform initialization procedure. Refer to PWC-295, "ADDITIONAL SERVICE WHEN REPLACING CONTROL UNIT : Special Repair Requirement". Is the inspection result normal? YES >> GO TO 2 NO >> Repair or replace the mal ...
NISSAN Intelligent Key® With Door and Trunk Request Switches
WARNING ● Radio waves could adversely affect electric medical equipment. Those who use a pacemaker should contact the electric medical equipment manufacturer for the possible influences before use. ● The Intelligent Key transmits radio waves when the buttons are pressed. The F ...